Shadowlands Season 4

Honestly an amazing addition they can do is just increase the # of pieces dropped for season 4. Even with the minor additions no one wants to spend as long as a normal season gearing. Increase loot from m+ and increase loot from raid. If it’s supposed to be fun just shower players in loot, let people who are clearing the raid actually feel rewarded. Cause tbh as you stated the portals ain’t anything.

4 Likes

Going to go ahead and agree with all of the above. Didnt realise until yesterday how unmotivating and weird it is to have the gear go up as a normal tier again. There is so many reasons the participation in this season will be super low. Won’t help to make the gear we have useless.

It’s summer, holidays and all that good stuff. We don’t wanna clear normal and heroic in tiers we’ve already done 20x reclears of in Mythic.

2 Likes

Personally I’m skipping Season 4, levelling the rest of the allied races I still need and finishing Loremaster. There is nothing at all compelling about Season 4 to me, or anything in Shadowlands for that matter.

It seems obvious to me that the current game has been abandoned (despite plenty of opportunities to improve it and make it fun to play) and all resources are full steam on Dragonflight. Too bad that’s six months away.

2 Likes

I fear that getting the “good” loot from later bosses in each raid will be a pain. Unless they will be relatively easy to reach and kill, we’ll not have the time to keep locks and clear later bosses. Yes we’ll get deterministic rewards, but it’s still meh if we have to wait for that.

I wonder if after a full rotation of the raid we could activate the skips to get to the later bosses easier

2 Likes

I am assuming tier sets are still going to be activated during season 4, and I am hoping we can still use creation catalyst on fated mythic gear (even if not from Seplucher)

To note, there is a mount reward for finishing all 3 raids while they are fated. So there’s incentive to at least do them once. The model is encrypted - which is why you haven’t seen it. All we know is it’s the Slime Cat mount.

For me, I still want a blue confirmation - will Sylvanas’s Rae’shalare be able to drop at a Fated ilvl? And if so, why is it not available on the weapon/trinket vendor for hunters?

If it isn’t available at the Fated ilvl, it’s fine not being on the table, but if it DOES drop at the fated levels - we need it on the vendor or you’re excluding 2 entire specs from the bad luck protection mechanic that is the vendors.

EDIT: I have been alrlerted the devs confirmed on Twitter that it will be fated. In which case you NEED to add it to the vendor. The entire point of the vendor is bad luck protection, which does nothing for hunters if our Bis weapon is not included unlike every other class.

Either that, or do not have it drop with a fated ilvl.

2 Likes

WoD and Legion were such great models for skips. Really wish we could obtain that again.

1 Like

Yeah there’s a reward for doing every difficulty right now. Mount on Normal. Title on Heroic. Raid teleports on Mythic. I am presuming Mythic Fated will give every difficulty’s achievements just like normal seasons so that I would only have to do Mythic for them. I hope for the same for gearing. As a mythic raider, going into LFR and Normal is a little boring. I don’t mind other players getting a chance to keep items as they go along, but incentivizing running all 4 difficulties each week is a little much at the top-end.

They had me at slime cat everything else is kinda meh

1 Like

Just noticed that the trinkets for season 4 seem to be missing the set bonus

is this intentional? cause if it is this is a huge step backwards for separating PvP and PvE

5 Likes

Seems that the PvP enchant for this season was changed pretty drastically from a universally liked thing to a pretty unnoticeable glimmer that everyone seems to dislike. Anyway we could go back to the old enchant or at the very least give us a slider to up that spell visibility for some customization?

15 Likes

The new version is definitely way too subtle for what is supposed to be a prestige reward. They nailed it with pre-nerf glorious/demonic tyranny, big, really vivid colors and instantly recognizable as a PvP reward. Most of the illusions since demonic tyranny have been terrible though and miss the mark for what I’d expect from a PvP illusion.

Also can we unnerf glorious tyranny? It’s 2022 now, and you’ve added zones like Ardenweald that absolutely crush lower-end machines without a problem. Are the added particle effects from the pre-nerf version really that detrimental at this point? Especially when it’s only become less common to see it in the first place?

10 Likes

seems kind of insane to worry about crashing peoples computers on an enchant when we are killing peoples vision with Empyrean Domain and nerfing Field of View settings so people cant see too much

1 Like

Did “A New Deal” seriously get removed with no backup or update added? seems like a huge step back for people wanting to do some quick honor farm on alts to get trinkets for the set bonus. The set bonus for PvP trinkets also seems to be missing for trinkets coming out next season. IS this intentional? seems like Blizzard is really killing all the good things added this expansion just to increase the grind after coming up with some really good things

4 Likes

I definitely feel with how close we are to season 4, maybe we could get a bit more information. If there could be a Q&A or just more details given.

An official philosophy of the difficulty or expectations of the raid.

Will Great Vault bosses be loot locked again until we defeat them?

Will there be another conduit ilvl upgrade achievement/item? So M+ players/PvPers don’t need to farm the raid on mythic to get max ilvl conduits.

Are there any plans for additional rewards from completing the season? Cosmetic, etc.

An official description of the affixes and an idea of how they’ll work(Ie. Spawn only at start, throughout, etc), will they work differently on certain bosses(Sludgefist with the soak affix as an example).

5 Likes

Going to echo what I have said before:

PLEASE put Rae’shalare on the Season 4 vendor. Even if it’s a non-legendary version. MM/BM were balanced around its (mediocre) extra damage in 9.1 and I have no doubt you will do the same this season.

As per your response here:

I quote:

You explain in this post that this system not only helps alleviate the rotating raid structure, but also acts as built in bad luck protection for people who miss their BiS items. On top of this, this “bad luck protection” doubly hurts BM/MM hunters wh odidn’t get Rae’shalare, because you added an upgrade item to the Dinar vendor for those who have it. So if someone got lucky enough to get it in 9.1? They don’t have to worry about getting it to drop again and in fact, they CAN get Rae’shalare on the Vendor.

This is a aggressive change meant to punish those hunters with bad luck, there’s no other way around it.

You further go on to specifiy this:

You outright state that Rogues feel they outright can’t play without Edge of Night, the same could be said of Hunters in 9.1 who couldn’t get Rae’shalare - now, as of the last PTR build with the vendors I recall, Edge of Night can be bought from the vendor. Rae’shalare, however, cannot. (it’s entirely possible EoN was taken off the vendor after the PTR due to the increase in the drop rate, but considering they made special note Rae’shalare will not be available in the patch notes, I’m assuming no.)

This undermines the entire nature of the vendor.

You should not exclude 2 (MM/BM) specs from the bad luck protection while the other 34 specs can take full advantage of it.

If your issue is that it’s a legendary:

1. We have literally been crafting legendaries all expansion. Why does legendary suddenly mean something special to you again?
  2. Rae’shalare is a lower dps increase than Edge of Night by a substantial margin. An LFR Edge of Night is better than, IIRC, a heroic non-Edge of Night. Whereas a Normal Rae’shalare is outclassed by a heroic non-Rae, etc. Edge of Night was more legendary worthy than Rae’shalare. However, Rae’shalare is still our BiS.
  3. You quite literally have an Epic Version of Rae’shalare in the game files - add that to the vendor if the legendary color is that much of an issue - that way you don’t exclude 2 whole specs from the Normal BiS bad luck system you invented.

Also, to note, my guild did Sanctum tonight and out of 5 hunters, not a single one of us got the bow or the upgrade item.

So that supposed increased drop rate is not noticeable in the least, as we expected it wouldn’t be. A 100% increase in 0.1% is still just 0.2%.

4 Likes

As a person that doesn’t have time to play 8 hrs a day or more the m+ grp finder just pissing me off by now… I had 3k + score previous season i have allready done a 21 this season and every other key atleast at 15 in time… I am trying now to get into a grp for like 15 minutes for a silly +15. Getting declined by people that didn’t even reach 2k score last season…

As you don’t get it with the balancing and probably never will, because there are just to many classes, things like set bonuses etc. Can you pls atleast try to do something against it … why am I am being punished for playing the class and spec I like instead of switching every season to the FOTM class. Give grps a dmg buff, that play with underrepresentated specs or something like that… Or give People something like reputation, where people can vote them up after the key, so that others can see ok he/she may play a bad class but he/she is doing it good and may be better then the 1000st hunter reroller. And pls give more classes Lust. In a 5 man grp it feels punshing to be forced into 3 classes only because of lust or make drums have the same effect and not that cheap wannabe lust as they are now.

I just gave up now, its not worth the time and I have to wait for my mates until the weekend to get my weekly keys or even some pushing done, not because I am a bad player, no just simply because of the fact I am playing a class and spec that doesn’t seem to be likeable right now. Even if it doesn’t matter in any way which classes you get for a +15… we even played the 21 with mostly no so called FOTM or meta class…

2 Likes

The M+ rating info should also display (accountwide) previous KSM FOS in a simple and clear way. Had the same problem this ID when pugging lower Karazhan rarely leaves you with a good result to get to the next bump.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere(I’ve tried to find). But the Mythic achievement for clearing all the raids isn’t rewarding the portals even though it said it should be.

2 Likes