Shadowlands season 2 elite weaponry (cosmetic)

Hello there. I don’t recall seeing Blizzard officially comment on the addition of elite tints this season, and have met a few people who weren’t really aware of how they worked, or even that they existed, so I thought I’d put together a quick little guide.

Each s2 weapon has an elite tint, which is given to you after upgrading to Duelist/2100 quality
you can see each tint by going into appearances and searching “unchained”, it’ll generally be the white/silver one, or failing that, the color that isn’t available directly form the conquest vendor

The polearm on the left is the elite/duelist variant.

I’d post a collage of all the tints but it’d take a while to make, and probably wouldn’t give you as good of an idea as to how it looked in-game as to if you just searched up the appearance yourself and tried it in the dressing room.

You’re also able to filter by “All” to see weapons that wouldn’t normally be recommended to your specialization or class, like the 1h intellect mace on an Arms Warrior, if you want to buy the intellect dagger on your rogue, the agility dagger on your warlock, etc.

Keep in mind that you’ll have to be able to equip the weapon to learn the elite appearance, meaning you’ll need a Demon Hunter if you want the warglaive tint, but a Warrior can unlock the rest of them.

The new weapons added to the vendor in 9.1.5 were also given an elite variant

Yes, it’ll be about 12-16k honor to fully upgrade the weapon from unranked, but we’re nearing the end of the season and I imagine some people are out of things to buy on their main(s). You can also get them from your vault, so maybe open with an offspec if you’re done gearing and don’t need research.

They also appear to be doing elite weapons in s3/9.2, so keep an eye out for those.

tldr: upgrading wep to 2100/duelist quality gives a unique appearance

18 Likes

heroic post buddy

I realized this with the Dory which looks sick with the Elite version

Lot of honor to grind if you want more weapons than what you use, but thank you for the post!!!

I had no idea about this myself. 10/10 helpful post.

Looks like an actual Blizzard offical annoucement with that 2nd screenshop, I appreciate the seeing people as poor as me.

Do you have to upgrade it to get the tint or just be 2100 though?

Yes, or get it out your Great Vault at Duelist or Elite quality.

Huh weird. Kinda dumb you should just get it like the gear honestly.

2 Likes

It is kind of odd that they immediately give you the elite armor appearances from 1400 to 1800, then the illusion at 2100 and tabard at 2400 (with no option of buying the “physical” tabard itself) but neglect to mention these unique appearances.

The way (I believe) it worked last season was that the upgraded versions of weapons gave you the appropriate difficulty raid equivalent, because upgrading my 2h strength weapon to Duelist gave me the appearance that you get for the Mythic Sire 2h.

I’m actually not sure if they mentioned that anywhere, either, now that I think about it.

2 Likes

They really could have just added an unlock on the vendor to buy at 2100 that gives you all the appearances

Not the physical weapon but just the appearance

3 Likes

Ya, like they have done before lol.

That’d solve the inequality between classes in collecting these appearances, yeah. As it stands a Warrior will be able to collect far more of these appearances than, say, a Priest, despite both having the same rating.

1 Like

its like they dont play their own game.

I just wish they wouldve added the 2h crit sword earlier cause I wouldve bought and upgraded that instead.

Just a reminder because the season ends soon.

2 Likes

this is just terrible design. a warrior can unlock almost everything meanwhile other classes are much more limited. all weapons should unlock their elite appearences when you upgrade them to duelist even when you can’t equip them. this would be fair.

When r u gonna ditch that lame enhance shaman and ride in the ret mobile with the gang?