Shadowlands Season 2 Arena Cutoff Concern

Give them the rank1 they queued prior to cutoff and came out victorious. Definitely earned. Thanks blizz. This team persisted against all odds the entire season, definitely deserve it.

3 Likes

Give them the rank1 they queued prior to cutoff and came out victorious. Definitely earned. Thanks blizz. This team persisted against all odds the entire season, definitely deserve it.

3 Likes

Give them the rank1 they queued prior to cutoff and came out victorious. Definitely earned. Thanks blizz.

3 Likes

I appreciate all of the support!

I think this is probably just an oversight on Blizzard’s part as I know they seek to foster a fair playing field. As someone else mentioned, the 3452 might still get the title but this is about fairness.

Thank you!

4 Likes

I believe the horde cutoff is 3463 atm but probably lower after DQs. I know a few slots have already been opened from bans.

2 Likes

We can clarify how things work in a case like this.

A game needs to conclude prior to the cutoff time.

Rewards are based on a snapshot of the ladder that was taken at precisely 1:00.000 a.m. EST on Tuesday. Play results that were determined after that time are considered post-season results.

Several people above have correctly noted that the cutoff ratings for various levels of rewards usually go down when rewards go out, as players who are found to have misbehaved are removed from the final calculations. In this particular case, that may be enough to help the unnamed Death Knight over the finish line. But it may not.

29 Likes

And now we wait.

Last season, the cutoff updated 4 days after the season ended, but somr people below that rating still got R1 due to it going an hour or two late.

2 Likes

Appreciate taking the time to respond.

7 Likes

Kinda lame imo. Best thing I can compare this to is when a ball is shot in basketball. When it’s mid air and the time runs out, the shot still counts if it goes in.

I understand you are just relaying information and I thank you for letting us know how blizz handles it. Personally I disagree in how it has been decided to be handled tho.

8 Likes

Thank you very much for the reply! I may disagree with the procedure, but I respect the decision.

7 Likes

Mage lock mw pog

1 Like

Appreciate you taking the time to respond. If Blizzard takes action against the RMT/wintraders at top of bracket then I think the problem sorts itself out. However, failing that can you please float this as a discussion topic internally?

IMO this is bigger than just two titles - it comes down to what kind of community we want to play in. I think friends who choose to queue an off meta comp simply because they wanted to play together is the kind of vibe that enhances the overall PVP community. To miss out due to one minute just sends the wrong kind of message in my opinion, so if an exception or revised approach can be made I think a strong case exists here.

Either way sincere thanks for weighing in with the info.

3 Likes

I want to thank everyone again for the support and for the community manager repply. It was very much of a grind playing 4-6 hours every night for the past week, going 0% winrate vs a bunch of comps and teams and still persevering and pulling it together. But dont get me wrong, its way more about reaching the rating that we deserved (74 seconds after automated end) and hard worked for it then the rank 1 title itself. Id rather end up 3464 and have the cutoff end at 3465 then getting the title with 3452. Quite disappointed that blizzard can’t analyze case by case and realize that an exception could be thought of.

10 Likes

Gonna respond to my post where I ask why you consistently name drop me and accuse me of being other people when I showed you that I am not?

I ain’t even gonna cap, I’ve seen that inmotion guy personally mention you like 3 different times at this point and I come here like once a week.

They deserve this UwU

2 Likes

I’m just happy your were so high rating this season I didn’t have to queue into your dk/spriest comp :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

Next post by Kaivax incoming two years from now at best.

You clearly underestimated the power of Posi Vibes. Ez blue post.

1 Like

Please just give it to them!