Shadowlands RP And You

What is Bothar? Lich King that Synvalans is going to wreck and make an expansion out of?

Don’t see what your point is? But yea, technically only the “heroes” and lore characters are going to the Shadowlands. And, given Bolvar prolly lost a good chunk if his powers after losing the helm, who knows what kind of powerful Scourge are coming down. Furthermore, given the depleted state of the various military forces…there’s quite a lot for the players to handle just on Azeroth.

1 Like

Yeah, Simon is gonna go and be like Cooper in Interstellar, you know, crying over old photographs and yelling, “MURPH! DON’T LET ME LEAVE MURPH! DON’T LET ME GO!”

I really like your brain in a jar idea. That would be fun. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Saria will be going for her own personal reasons. She’ll have no desire to fight the jailer (She might even help him) unless needed to.

Saria is immortal and 90% of my characters are elves. 1000 years can go by and Saria will still be a walking corpse with a 19 year old body :^)

The Necrolords “might makes right” idles will make a nice fit for my DK . She’ll also be going there to also find her mother.

A longer hair style that stretches down to the base of the spine. Iv have been using the same hair style for 10 years lol.

Will your characters travel to the shadowlands IC? Lorewise from what we’ve been told it’s a one way trip, so once you’re there you’re there for good, or until everything gets sorted.

That heavily depends on whether someone besides the titular hero is allowed to travel to the Shadowlands down the line. If the intro quest continues to state that only the Champion of Azeroth is allowed to go into the Shadowlands without losing their power, then I don’t think so.

However, if everyone can go but it’s just a “one way trip” for the foreseeable future, then my warlock here is more than likely to go. One of the reasons he became biter and spiteful is the loss of his family to the Scourge, so seeing his young daughter and his wife in the Shadowlands would offer an amazing premise for a written story.

How will you handle handle something like this, or incorporate it into your rp? Or will you just ignore that too confusing?

It depends.

Timeskips are a pain in the buttocks to handle. We had one of those in SWTOR during the KotFE release (five years). The inherent problem is that:

1. Everyone needs to be on board with it.
  2. PC who are close to your character need to agree with it.
  3. You need to find a story that suits all the involved parties.

I’d most likely contact the people who are very close to my character (relationships and best friends) and work with them to write a common story.

what covenant would your characters fit into or seek out and why?

My warlock here would go Revendreth. He has a guilty conscience, craves power, and would have a sinstone the size of Dalaran.

My gnomish engineer would probably go Bastion. He seeks to serve Gnomekind as best as possible, so service suits him.

Since unique character appearance plays a large part in rp what customization would you like to personally see if you could choose somethings to add?

Those mage-rune tattoos the titular Blood Elf male had on the Burning Crusade box art.

1. Will your characters travel to the shadowlands IC? Lorewise from what we’ve been told it’s a one way trip, so once you’re there you’re there for good, or until everything gets sorted.

If I end up coming back for Shadowlands, then it will represent a very interesting turn for Dloin. He is a character who has always lived in the past, and dwelt on regrets and depression that come with outliving (almost) everyone he’s ever cared about. If he goes into the Shadowlands, it will be for purely selfish reasons, and it would be fun to explore how he would handle seeing some of those people again, and what it would mean for him going forward.

2. There’s a rumored time skip coming with shadowlands lore wise maybe not gameplay wise. How will you handle handle something like this, or incorporate it into your rp? Or will you just ignore that too confusing?

I will adhere to it wherever possible, if it is indeed happening. Only time I’ll end up ignoring it is when whoever I am RPing with at the time is ignoring it. Then I will too, simply for consistency.

3. what covenant would your characters fit into or seek out and why? This character would probably go Maldraxxus interested in the various ways he could improve his fleshy parts with necrolord fleshcrafting. An abomination of flesh and metal!

No idea on this one. Have to research them more than not at all.

4. Since unique character appearance plays a large part in rp what customization would you like to personally see if you could choose somethings to add? Since I’m posting on my mechagnome something I think that would be cool for mechagnome customization would be a brain in a jar! The top portion of the head, or the side could be a glass casing with a visible brain floating in liquid.

Dloin’s going to have a tattoo or two for sure. Probably change up his hairstyle to something new and fresh because he’s always doing that. Might even give him a piercing, if they have those for male dwarves. Otherwise? Same beard and mustache style, same hair color. Can’t change a classic!

I’m going to need a medical source for this, but I don’t think that’s no how it works. If a person’s eyes were fixed after having been born blind they would be able to see. They might be confused and overwhelmed at first, but pretty sure the brain would be like “Oh @#$!, we can see now, turn on the lights!” Blind eyes still have photoreceptors in them, and only a very small portion of blind people have zero light perception. If you were blind, your eyes would still send signals to the brain telling it when it’s light or dark.

Similarly when deaf people are given hearing aides or somehow have their hearing restored through surgery, they don’t continue to be deaf becuase their brains don’t know how to hear.

Also did a search and there’s now an experimental chip that is giving blind people sight. Look up brain implant UCLA if you’re curious. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

1: Mages and their portals probably would allow characters ICly travel back and forth.

2: Pheight would probably learn much of the history he missed, being “out of commission” for the better part of 30 years before a week ago.

3: He won’t trust any of them.

4: Scars and lots of them.

I’m actually really glad you called me out on this, I’ve been doing some research into this and as it turns out… I may be full of crap.

Well, mostly. I think what happened is I misheard my grandfather when he was talking about it once. It isn’t that your brain doesn’t develop the ability to see but people who are born blind generally develop Amblyopia (Basically Lazy eye) where if it isn’t treated early enough even if you do recieve treatment for your blindness your sight will still be basically useless.

It isnt exactly a medical article but this is what I found that’s most clear about what I’ve found.

For a more direct quote

Another cause of Amblyopia can be as a result of one or both eyes being prevented from seeing, known as Stimulus Deprivation Amblyopia. It is often regarded as the most severe forms of Amblyopia and can be caused by a scar or eye disease, a congenital cataract, a drooping eyelid (from ptosis or blepharoptosis) or glaucoma. Surgery or injury to the eye may also cause this form of Amblyopia.

This I’m also really glad you brought up and I really wish I could find a case where they’ve tried it with somebody blind from birth. This does really help from the potential mechagnome angle and I’m very thankful you mentioned it.

1 Like

As an Ebon Knight, Tarquin will probably answer Bolvar’s call and go.