Shadowlands Pet Battle Feedback (Old Content)

Posting this here because for some reason even though I recently gained beta access I can’t seem to reply on the beta forums yet. Linking to bluepost feedback thread:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-pet-battles-in-shadowlands/590828

I’ve noticed there’s a very large flaw in the design of pet battling and how levelling will work. I feel this particular detail is rather crucial right now.
Currently to my understanding a new player will complete Exile’s Reach and be guided into Kul Tiras / Zandalar. What I’ve noticed is that there’s nothing to really call a new player to obtain and learn battle pets, and even if they did find out about them they wouldn’t be able to pet battle in most of the levelling zones due to a lack of pet battle level scaling. Their single level 1 pet will be potentially facing off against 3 level 25 pets. I think all scaling zones should also benefit pet battles by adjusting difficulty before it’s too late for the new wave of beginner players to try it out.

3 Likes

You’ve got a good point there. (To get onto the Beta forums, try logging all the way out of your forum account, then back in. See if that will force it to update your access.) Once you’re on the Beta forums, you might want to copy/paste this thread over there, so it can get seen.

2 Likes

Good point but I’m not certain that in “live” the new players would be filtered into WoD, or if that’s just for beta. I would HOPE that new players get to choose which newbie area they want to start in.

I’m not entirely sure what you’re referring to or if you misunderstood. New Players basically are forced into going through Kul TIras and Zandalar 10-50, then head to the Shadowlands. The current wild pet battles of KT/Zand are all max level, meaning that a new player (who hasn’t levelled any pets at all to begin wtih) won’t be able to actually experience pet battling and level up their pets unless they go the “old world route” and go through Elwynn/Westfall/Redridge etc. Choosing the starting zone comes after levelling a char to max level I think.

1 Like

Looks like that worked I think, thank you! :grinning:

NEw players don’t get to choose a leveling zone. They have to quest in BFA for the first time. So they would at least need to implement this in BFA for pet battle scaling.

2 Likes