Shadowlands Pathfinder needs one major change

Flying isn’t nonsense.

Remember that time is money. You would rather wait a year to fly in a new xpac than “waste” an hour or two’s worth of gold? That’s ridiculous.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind the reputation requirement if the reputation mechanics were not themselves bad.

Timegating reputation, especially in the way that it’s done in modern WoW, is bad design and bad gameplay. The “daily grind” mobile-game style design is bad for everyone and it’s a big part of what’s wrong with WoW today.

You’re right… people do want different things. I get where you’re coming from with the gold sink, but at the same time I’d gladly pay a few thousand gold and not have to wait several patches/months and months to unlock it.

If they revamped PF to just be one part, and come in the first major patch I would like it much better.

Reputation is only an issue for those who don’t play from the start because it is easy to get reputation just by normal playing.

What does need to change is this

Especially if Pathfinder is going to turn it only account wide for an expansion or two and then you lose it.

I sure the heck aren’t going to waste my time and ‘money’ earning pathfinder in Shadowlands if things stay the way they are. That does result in the question what the heck am I going to do with all that time I am saving though.

This should be an option, if taken, (buying flying at level cap per character), blocks Pathfinder on your account.

I would definitely still do Pathfinder.

I love that Pathfinder unlocks flying for every character on my account that i have or will have, in that expansion no matter their level, as long as they already have flying. I can go to any zone in BfA on a level 60 character, and fly.

My only complaint is that everything should be unlockable on Launch Day, and not a ridiculous 9-month wait.

I also think it would be better received with fewer quest lines, and no reputation requirements.

Having to finish all the storylines doesn’t leave a lot of fresh content to discover either on your main, or leveling alts.

Right now I’m leveling an alt via Pet Battles because I’m sick of the questlines.

This isn’t going to be the case in Shadowlands. You will lose that account wide aspect of it from the looks of it.

Make it available on day one in launch content and if new zones are added, then by all means add a part two, but only for the new zones. Don’t lock flying in launch content behind new zones that we don’t see for a year.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind only having the requirements be: Finish all main story quests, discover all areas and find all treasures. Then you’ve seen everything they’ve developed. Have rep just be for earning cosmetics.

The won’t remove the rep requirements because then they’d have no psudo-legitimate way to prevent flying. Instead flying would be unlocked by those that worked at it the hardest and we just can’t have that now can we.

I think the biggest problem with Pathfinder is that the rep is artificially time gated by super cringe boring garbage World Quest crap contact.

We are adults. we don’t need blizzard to manage our time by putting a cap on how much rep we can earn and impose daily chores on us like we’re children.

If I want to sit and grind out a rep from neutral to revered to exalted in a day, that’s my prerogative.

3 Likes

No, reputations won’t be account-wide (other than for meta achievement purposes like now), which had been widely requested.

The entire point of Pathfinder is that it’s account-wide.

Otherwise please link the source of your claim.

Read what the blue post said.

I have no idea what relation your first sentence has to what I said though.

We both misunderstood each other, thankfully. :joy:

I thought you meant Shadowlands Pathfinder wouldn’t be account-wide, which is why I said what I said. Apologies. I need sleep.

The blue post says you will only need Expert Flying at level 30 to fly in Draenor and Broken Isles, per toon, instead of Draenor Pathfinder and Legion Pathfinder. If you already have the achievements, that doesn’t get taken away. And if you want the perks of Pathfinder, (mount, riding speed), you can still do them if you want.

When I said any toon at level 60 on an account that has unlocked all three Pathfinder achievements, can fly in current Pathfinder zones, (levels 90-120), I wasn’t referring to Shadowlands, because it will obviously change due to the level squish.

The incentive for doing Pathfinder is the account-wide unlock. Taking that away in Shadowlands would likely cause players to bench their alts, unsubscribe in between patches and play a different game, rather than have to re-earn Pathfinder on every alt they have

Actually you won’t be able to.

Right now any character I level up doing quests in Draenor can fly while doing the quest. Next expansion any character I level up solely doing quests in Draenor won’t be able to fly for most of those quests.

There is no incentive to do pathfinder in shadowlands. By the time I get it my main alts are all leveled up. If I get flying for free by waiting another year, then I unsub and wait until next expansion to level up the rest.

Meh, reputation doesn’t bother most people. If you play the game normally passively you’ll be exalted with all reps over a small amount of time. Happened to me in Legion and Battle for Azeroth. DIdn’t even try to work on reps, got maxed out just by playing the game.

Imagine that.

Remove the time gate and reps then we have a deal.

3 Likes

It’s not useless content if it tells the story of the zone and gets you flying. Just remove the rep grind and time gating.

Meanwhile, 5-10k gold per character can be spent elsewhere. Even the cost of riding abilities is unnecessary. They should just be unlocked automatically per character once you reach the appropriate level at no extra cost.

3 Likes

getting rep on your main is a walk in the park. If thats too much for you tough.

You’re right it’s not difficult at all. It’s just tedious and not fun in it’s current implementation.

2 Likes

The only thing that needs to change is the time gate…

The problem with this is that I didn’t do all that grinding for just a mount and faster flying…

Either remove all/past/future PF or leave them how they are.