Shadowlands nerf

So this intended level nerf to 50, for 120’s. this has me wondering, so I will ask the questions: 1. Are all levels getting nerfed then? everyone goes back to level 60? Or is this some kind of temporary thing for the expansion alone? 2. Does this expansion cover the calssic wow as well? Is that the reason for the level 60 cap, and nerf?

This is probably a better general chat forums question than realm, but fortunately I roam both.

1. Everyone is getting level squished. It is an attempt to rein in arbitrarily large numbers where a level doesn’t feel like a level. They’ve done it a few times for item level and dps. Grinding through twice as many levels doesn’t feel good when most of those levels are empty of any gains.

2. Classic is classic and it’s own universe separate from retail. I think they chose the 50 becuase they like the pacing of gaining abilities. Technically you level 1-50 in whatever old xpac you want (instead of jumping xpacs mid story). At 50 you enter the Shadowlands and level to 60.

Thank you for the information. There was some discrepency as to the level nerf only in shadowlands. so what about the other levels? a level 110 would be 45?

They haven’t explicitly said, but that is probably what will happen.