Shadowlands Mission Table

On a positive note, I love the Shadowlands mission table. It is definitely the best version to date. I love how it gives so many good rewards and helps reduce my Torghast runs with Soul Cinders!

I really like this system and can’t wait for more updates!

2 Likes

It’s gotten better, but it’s still really grindy. Needs more missions rewarding bonus XP and less that gives sacks of herbs equal to picking two flowers.

10 Likes

it’s nicer compared to Legion where you’d have to bench some of your extra followers and collect upgrade equipment (and sometimes your campaign quest progress was tied to sending followers on specific missions)

I stopped using it once the missions out leveled the companions by 14.

1 Like

You can only run 1-2 matches, but yeah i skip those missions. I just do xp and soul cinders/ash and the occasional adventurer xp item

2 Likes

I like the XP tokens from the new broker missions. They really help with leveling up new followers.

I hate it, it is the worst I have ever seen…I have hardly used it. It shouldn’t exist…honestly if we’re going to mince words about how Blizzard likes to put in single serving content each expansion then toss it in the trash, why does the mission table keep coming forward?

The Venture Plan addon is almost a necessity, the default table is kinda meh. Developer has for now left WoW unfortunately, but the 9.0.5 version still works fine.

1 Like

I like that we don’t have to collect upgrade equipment for our followers anymore. But the missions outlevel you too fast and too greatly.

Overall, SL mission table is still trash. The rewards are worse than what we got in Legion.

1 Like

This addon completely changed my opinion of the mission table, I don’t know if I would have even continued running missions without it. The 9.0.5 version does not, however “work fine”. It continues to work for about 80% of the missions, but 9.1 added new abilities that the addon doesn’t know what to do with, so it can give false success readings that will actually be failures. Doesn’t stop me from using it, but sometimes you actually have to do a little figuring on your own to make sure things succeed (oh the horror!).

2 Likes

I disagree - I keep all my followers on missions 24/7 and the rewards they bring in greatly outstrip what I got in Legion. Aside from the four mounts the table brings in substantial amounts of gold, cooking mats, trade mats, augment runes, etc. It also puts the Queen’s Conservator to absolute shame. I have to wait days to get disappointing amounts of mats from there, while the mission table is a constant flood of goodies.

Generally I find it better than previous versions.

I really like that if I want to through some troops on a mission, I don’t have to spend some currency to recruit them, wait for some CD to run to get them, and then they only last a couple of missions or three.

The rewards are generally better, but still not enough bonus XP ones when you have followers that could really benefit from them. And those mat caches seem like a good idea, but you don’t get much in them overall. I’d rather run a gear item one and vendor it for the vendor value than do those.

But I am puzzled by the combat log and fight animation. Do the devs really expect us to read through all that, study it, and take notes on different enemies and each follower to figure out what works best against which, where to position them, etc.? Because me not that kind of cow.

I like to use an addon to predict win% or simulate the fight on the RNG heavy ones and maybe to optimize a bit, but without that, I’m sure it would become really annoying really quick.

/moo :cow:

1 Like

It’s extremely unbalanced across the covenants. Also numerous missions that are listed as way lower lvl than your followers will smack them around. The UI is horrible, the individual enemy and follow abilities are poorly explained. You grind our xp ~1.2k at a time when followers need +8k per level at later stages. The material rewards are not worth the anima you spend to win those missions. Some of the followers (Croman) are pitifully weak.

The fact that it is low effort is the only good side.

2 Likes

Couldn’t tell you, the one thing this xpac I decided to only do things in game I wanted to. The table is not one of them.
:100: :+1:

I had hopes for the new table, like it was going to be like TFT. But this fine. Got me an addon to show the percentage chance for winning. No more wasted time!

Er, well, you get what I mean…

Not sure about the other covenant’s other then what I have read, but the Venthyr covenant is brutal at higher levels. Also there is no catch up for your followers as you unlock higher adventures other then the new 3,000, 7,500, 10,000 and the renown unlocks of wisps of memory which grant’s 75,000 experience to a follower.

My one group of 60s take on all the missions for experience for my lowest followers (third group) to catch up and I use my second group to just grind the bonus experience ones. The materials are just not worth the time because you don’t get a lot of them to use or resale when I can walk out and gather 100x what I get in a mission for the same amount of time invested. So a lot of my followers just sit idle when a experience token or bonus experience are not a choice.

That add-on Venture Plan did make it easier to try and figure out how to set up my group and sad that the person making it left, but it now does give a lot of false simulation’s so I am back to figuring out some missions again, especially the hardest hitting ones. I would try the other covenant’s but I really don’t feel like leveling them on alt’s as I find shadowlands to be a little less alt friendly at times.

I got all the mounts when it’s quests are 20 levels above my companions. Fyi.

Its another system I could do without - the purpose of it is to get you to install the phone app so you can get more push notifications.

I found it weird how a covenant essentially hands their resources over to me but will not tell me whats going on.

Well,my guild bank is well stocked that’s for sure.

Ew.

Personally I hate the existence of an afk mobile game inside an MMORPG, it should never have been put in the game tbh