Shadowlands is already on the verge of being terrible

This is true. I’m not bad because I’m a casual. That’s totally unrelated.

I’m bad because I’m lazy. Granted, I’d probably be less casual if I was less lazy, but it’s really not a correlation.

The only thing that should be dictating my pace and driving me forward in a “endless dungeon crawl” IS ME!!!

I do not enjoy being wiped forward. If this change makes it thru more then likely it will be done to level 10 for the needed materials and then abandoned.

Just like island adventures got abandoned and warfronts got abandoned after they filled their usefulness. For every person who does mythic plus there are about 5 more who refuse to do it or only do it when it’s absolutely needed.

The Mythic plus idea of fun is NOT THE ONLY TYPE OF FUN on high level content. Timers need to stay in mythic plus and not invade the one refuge we where supposed to be given that was meant not to have it.

2 Likes

That’s a dumb argument. There’s plenty of high level content, like Mythic Raids, where there is no timer and this isn’t a problem at all. Troll comment or what?

Part of the freedom of Torghast should be that if you want to clear it by waiting for your CD’s every pull you can do that. The same way you can do that if you want in Mythic raids, but nobody does because that takes too much time. Imagine waiting for every CD to be up doing BoD trash. Lol. If people are really willing to sit that long and wait for every CD for every trash then they deserve it anyways.

excuse you huh what? druid in tbc and cata was hands down better than druid we have now

if you dont think we have timers in mythic raiding Im going to break your bubble and tell you that we do and they are more punishing than the mplus or any other timed system in the game

huh? You can solo torghast. And if you had any idea what you’re talking about you’d know that torghast will end up being trivial in terms of difficulty with the upgrades you’ll be getting.

actually if you have being paying attention to the alpha forum ( not sure if those who arnt in it can see it or not so dont take it as a personal go if you cant ) you would know we are getting about 1/4 of the power we are currently getting once live many are being tested for lego purposes with torghast as the grounds to test them

Torghast didn’t replace visions now that Blizzard add a time gate to it .

No they do not. The only timer in Mythic Raids is boss enrage which resets if you stop the encounter.

1 Like

ahhhh no wanna try again? we can offer you phone a friend? what do you think happens if dps cannot down spires in the set time or kill a boss before the ground fills up with gunk that kills you? oh timers thats right much like how sanity is a timer in visions and ect ect.

How many tries do you get a week to try and beat that timer? Does it kick you out and make you start from the beginning of the instance every time the timer gets to the 0 or to high? How long does it take you to farm keys to get 1 chance to try and beat that timer?

I’m more worried about the becoming to OP too quickly more than the timers, I don’t get good vibes from the timers for some reason

10 back in icc when it was relevant after that your chars were locked out of the raid. As for cost involved even if you fail said key or vision you still get rewarded. You fail in your boss kill you get a repair bill and thats it. Mythic raiding does not award participation trophies for just showing up unlike visions ect hence why they come with a cost. As someone whose highest raid lvl 5/8 heroic uldir with grey parses I wouldn’t expect you to understand

:baby: that’s all i see when i read his name.

Of course Torghast is going to be terrible. No amount of complaints from players is going to change their minds either. Blizzard is stubborn in their decisions as seen by the choices made with systems in BFA. Blizzard does not value player opinions and thoughts on the new timers mainly because the whole argument they use is “You didn’t test it, so how do you know if it’s gonna be bad”.

It’s like someone at a restaurant preparing your food and they poop on your plate and then you say “You just :poop:ed on my plate!” then other person responds “How do you know it’s :poop:? You didn’t even taste it yet!”

The timers are going to be bad and cause unneeded stress and more go, go, go mentality in players. Anyone with eyes and a brain can see that.

2 Likes

I actually wonder how players would have felt about it if instead of it getting called something big and scary like a timer.
they instead marketed it as a simple enrage timer. like “yeah, the boss at the end of the level has an enrage mechanic, you gotta fight your way through the adds and kill the boss before that happens”

I wonder if people would be freaking out about that just as much since even though enrage timers are still, objectively, hard timers. they are ones that we have become so used to encountering that we barely think about them anymore…

almost like the soft timers in torghast are going to end up being. just something extra to light a fire under your butt so you aren’t going to eat a jar of mayo between pulls or whatever, but you probably won’t notice unless you are on a lvl you probably aren’t set up to beat anyways.

1 Like

Blizzard created essences due to player complaints about azerite gear not being enough and then they made corruption gear because of tf/wf complaints. They constantly tried to improve all the features in the game that people complained about and many times they got somewhere and many of this issues existent in patch 8.1 don’t exist in patch 8.3

Actually that is the opposed of what they plan. The plan for it not to show up until the higher floors.

They actually didn’t call it a timer or any sorts. It was the players who started freaking out calling it a timer.

1 Like

I think that is what he means. If the timer is just on floors 10-12 and up, many people will do the first floors and when they get to the timer they will just leave. I know I for one will never step foot onto a floor with timers. If only a few climb the tower and Blizzard wonders why no one cares for the higher floors they will know why.

If the legendary mats are just on floors up to 10, why would you ever need to climb higher. A transmog? HAHAHA

This is where people go the timer from, kinda hard not to think timer when it right in the title.

1 Like

I don’t intend to do the endless mode anyway and that is the only place this appears right now I believe.

The quest modes only go up to floor 6 and you get legendary mats and a piece of gear for doing those. Those appears to take 40 minutes and that is just about the max amount of time I want to spend in there in one sitting anyway.

And that is WoWhead with an article written by who knows who but I assume a player not blizzard.