Shadowlands: I am so lost

I understand so little about what’s going on. In any case, I see Shadowlands as the worst expansion to date. Aesthetically, it’s ugly. It’s a mistake to put us in Bastion first, with those hideous characters with blue skin and white togas. And again, speed bump after speed bump after speed bump. And as always, flying is being withheld from us. Can’t have the players flying over those geographical obstacles it took us so long to make.

It’s just the Dev Team up to their same old tricks, making even the most mundane tasks as tedious and time-consuming as possible.

In any case, I’m seeing a lot of ways that I should be progressed past, but I’m not.

1. My favor level is in my 50s or higher at this point, but I still cannot fly. I’ve been trying to look for what I’m supposed to do, but I’m seeing conflicting advice.

2. There is a debuff in the Maw which essentially makes it impossible for you to continue. It removes all healing from you gradually, so that any healing that is cast on you will absolutely do nothing. I’m told there’s a quest chain that will mitigate or remove this, but I don’t see any quests being offered in the Maw.

3. My favor level is high enough to start buying the things I want from the NPCs in Revendreth (or whatever it’s called), but I don’t even have 1/100 of the anima they’re asking for. What am I missing? Where is all this anima coming from?

Both unlocking flying and getting rid of the Maw debuff (and allowing ground mounts in the Maw and Korthia) are from the Korthia storyline.

Here are a few different guides for Korthia to get you going:

Wowpedia zone storyline (This has all the quests and how they are threaded.)

A Wowhead guide specifically about unlocking Korthia

A general Wowhead guide for Korthia

Be aware that the Maw and Korthia are ground mount only zones, even with flying unlocked, and flying in Zereth Mortis has it’s own achievement that required to unlock flying there. (The achievement is Unlocking the Secrets, which is under the exploration section.)

For Anima, part of the issue is that getting all the cosmetics is just a big old grind. Unlocking Korthia and Zereth Mortis will give you more anima opportunities and speed things up a bit. (But again, it’s a grind.)

1 Like

Thanks so much. I see now it was just a matter of doing some more questing in Korthia. And it finally gave me some decent rewards. I just got a reward that gave me two pieces of anima, 250 each. Now, I’m getting somewhere!