Shadowlands hunter pets revive

so uhh, whats to stop every arena team from just insta killing our squishy shadowlands pets and focusing interrupts on the hunter with our new 4 sec revive? Is it really going live like this? Cause I sure hope they don’t nerf marksman with lone wolf (going to happen) and leave us with with 0 viable pvp specs.

5 Likes

Are you playing arenas by yourself?

1 Like

hard to heal the hunter pets that have nearly half the hp as a player.

1 Like

does the hunter get the lone wolf buff back if pet is dead

while the pet is a corpse, you do not get lone wolf. as soon as you start casting revive, the corpse despawns, and lone wolf will start to ramp back up normally

thought would complete the talent

Get some haste amps an you will be alright

2 Likes

huh. cool
can people who get out of combat still cast a long rez on dead pets for giggles?

1 Like

yessir you sure can

1 Like

Killing pets SHOULD be a win condition against warlocks/hunters. Adds some dimension to matchups. You have yourself and your partners to prevent that from happening, what is everybody else doing in the mean time?

2 Likes

Take a naked player with no gear, no Vers, half the HP of his opponents and then try to keep it alive. That’s what you’re asking a team to do.

Hunter only has mend pet (35% hp over 10 sec, 10 sec cooldown). Sorry but 3.5% hp a tick isn’t going to save a pet. Even a healer dumping full heals into it won’t be able to keep it up, and if they do they’ll be out of mana after 60 seconds.

It’s just not realistic to leave so much hunter utility and DPS tied to a pet that passively dies to cleave, and insta flops to targeted damage and then expect that class to be viable with a 4 second Rez.

2 Likes

Nothing

SV pmuch unplayable because of this even though the spec is fine

People will eventually realize though that pets are incredibly worthless

I agree if there are more tools to actually keep pets alive but they’re actually even squishier than they are in BfA (which already die incredibly fast, you just have fast rez for hunters)

You legitimately cannot heal through the damage that is done to a pet lol, they can almost instantly die and your one defensive for your pet besides your major defensive CDs (turtle, exhil) is mend pet which is purgeable and negligible anyways.

It was cool for it to be a punishment when there were tons of mechanics that let you manage and keep your pet alive, but since those have all been pruned and baseline pets are the squishiest they have EVER been, it makes almost 0 sense lol

12 Likes

lol not when pets die in 2 hits and you can’t get them back up. BM/SV is unplayable without a pet. As long as Marks stays good then i guess thats somewhat okayish however the other 2 specs won’t function.

2 Likes

Doesn’t reduce cast time with haste.

This is pure shyt thou. Pet’s die a lot and having to revive them constant with-in a 4 sec window before being ghosted yourself is just annoying. Heal pet doesn’t do much either, Just another cast to put in rotation to survive. PvP it’s more annoying. I thought Hunter’s Mark change was useless but 4 sec revive pet lol that’s the worst.

Hunter needs a channeled pet heal ability similar to warlock. That or they can up pet mend to 100% hp over 10 seconds which still has counterplay from purge.

Pet wall + last stand would also be a welcome addition to bring back as well.

The raid aoe pet passive defense needs to take effect in arenas. It’s pretty lame watching pets die to passive aoe cleave, at least reward the play where players manually hard target / kill the pet, but not cleave dps.

2 Likes

water ele always dead

def not a problem cause quick cast short cd but still annoying af

most annoying cause its never targeted just aoe’d

There’s a specific line that has to be drawn around pet management imo.

Killing pets should be rewarding, and taxing to get back.

On the flip side, it should be difficult to kill a good hunter’s pet.

Unsure what the balance is tho tbh

1 Like

def stance for pets

when its enabled cant sac/kill command/etc whatever tf else hunter pets do

show me the money

Are you 100% sure it doesn’t? I’ve never killed a pet accidentally on my ww, but it happens all the time on my warr… Cuz spreading deep wounds and sweeping cleave attacks don’t count as aoe by that token

1 Like