Shadowlands Game Designers Protecting Us from Covenants

This does not affect you though. Personally, I’m not even necessarily asking for them to be swappable. I’d be content with better balancing but as it stands the system is going to go up in flames.

Tell them to use a tome. :wink:

You’ll be constantly asked for closets no matter what you do. It’s the warlock tax–that and delicious cookies.

Are you five? You act like you’re five.

1 Like

If you make the rewards come from the PvP/Weekly caches - then that would tie in the activity requirement.

Would be nice to have something tied to raiding as well.

No, they’re valuable because the impact gameplay in different ways. Being able to choose from content to content makes those choices more meaningful.

Wrong - these people want others punished:

Like you said…

You can still get this if you stay loyal to your first choice.

That’s a problem you’re creating. Others don’t need to suffer just because you can’t control yourself to gain the subjective “benefits” that self-control would provide.

1 Like

I really hope so, for his own sake. Because he’s gonna get crushed in the real world with an attitude like that… at least a 5-year-old has time to learn better.

Well this post explains it all again why they should not lock covenants powers.
Not only people are spiteful and hateful, they don’t care about other people.
I feel only stating this means you have made clear this decision is not for the best of the game, it’s only the best for you.

1 Like

Honestly speaking, I think both sides can call the other spite. You can think you’re doing it for the better of the systems, but both sides want what they want. There is not a middle ground, and no, people will not agree. If there is choice, then there is no value unless loss is present, so unless the loss is big enough then that is not a valuable choice. Yes, this sucks for those who want to do everything but that’s how it is. The other way is the same; if you can have it your way; then the first way diminishes to 0. It’s not a 50 and go, it’s either 100 or it’s 0 on both sides. I do agree, covenants need to be better balanced.

If I owned a business, I would be brazen enough to tell customers if they do not act like the way I want them to, then leave. I do not cater to anyone but myself, as selfish as that is, I accept that and am fine with it. Yes, loss is a loss, but loss does not mean lose your integrity. If a customer acts like a spoiled brat, then telling them to leave tells other customers you have integrity, which people tend to respect a lot more and appreciate more because you can stand up to your principles, regardless of money. In my experience, people tend to love that a lot more than anything else.

Both sides act like this, it isn’t anything new, nor will it ever stop fully.

I’m fine with them being balanced better. All I want is for them to not be swappable like candy, or if so, then there be a big limitation on it, like being able to swap only once a day, once a week, or just having to work your way back up and the work taking twice as long each time you do it. Some big disadvantage to the system to go along with the advantage of swapping.

I do, I get berrated, which is fine I accept that and get called a lazy b word since cannot say it here. That’s fine, I don’t mind, though, as it’s more annoying constantly throwing lock closets down for 1 talent swap.

Yeah, I agree and I’ve accepted that. It’s also why I get invites to pugs when they have no warlocks. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not really. I don’t care how other people play the game whatsoever. The people that are for the punishing iteration do want everyone to be punished.

The thing why we call for spite is clearly your side wants to make it worse for the other side, I’m ready to compromise and see what can be designed in any other way that is not locking powers could please you. Sadly none really want to go there, there is only either covenants being locked with powers else there’s no deal.

You don’t get to take the passive position.

This is why arguing online is pointless. You people get lost and confused. You forget what is even happening and don’t know what chair you’re sitting in.

Right now, Covenants are coming down the pipeline as the status quo. That is the null position. If you fail to break through and justify to the wider community and to Blizzard why they’re bad, you lose by default. I have no obligation here to justify to you or anyone else why I’m happy with them. You simply automatically lose if you fail to break through and justify why removing Covenants enriches the game for everyone.

Again, Covenants are coming. I just want to make this clear- your position is not the default. I have no obligation to “debunk” you. The onus is purely on you to reach the community and/or to reach Blizzard. Stop acting like making a quip advances your agenda in any way.

I manage clients for a living and no, that’s not how it works. The moment you let your emotion get the better of you is the moment you lose that business. And probably the business of anyone within earshot.

There’s a lot of daylight between “authentic” and “berating.” If you simply can’t offer something, be upfront about that. Never, ever lose your temper at a client though.

That’d be fine tbh. I’m fairly certain that most folks that care have dedicated raid days, dungeon days, pvp days, et cetera.

That or better balancing either one would make me happy.

I just want to play night fae on my main without being at a huge disadvantage… They could always just redesign the ability too because as it is it is awful.

1 Like

With how much stuff that’s tied into the covenants that isn’t very viable, especially if you’re reset to 0 in progress should you switch.

There needs to be incentive to NOT switch.

Is it “childish” to want to put your entertainment dollars into a product that is fun? How is it “adult-ish” for someone to pretend to want to use an entertainment product that is neither fun nor entertaining, and apparently is going to have an army of minions who don’t actually play calling them names for having chosen to spend their dollars on that entertainment product?

So did azerite gear, then they spent tons of mid expac dev time to try to fix them. Great use of time. If they had acted on feedback before release they could have used the dev time elsewhere.

If you want to be an adult, cancel your sub.

I canceled my sub when Blizzard released Trial of the Grand Crusader. I knew that nothing Blizzard could do could immediately remedy the situation, so I voted with my wallet. If you want to be valued by Blizzard in the same way, you need to vote with your wallet. Blizzard is profit-driven. Whining does nothing. Voting with your wallet is how you exercise power.

You’re not losing your temper to a client, you are keeping to your principles. If you compromise your own integrity, people aren’t going to respect it. Yes, being up front is the answer; which is why I said I would not tolerate a customer doing something I clearly do not want them doing. It’s like telling people “no shoes, no shirt, no service” but letting someone with no shoes in. You should be telling them “I’m sorry, but you must wear shoes. If you cannot, we must ask you to leave.” If they cannot get shoes, you do not serve them, but I still see businesses where managers will let that person slide, then another, and another because money. Integrity is important.

Ideally it’d just be better balanced or less of a convoluted system but… Just make it so that when you switch you don’t have access to the soulbinds outside of the ones you’ve slotted for anything but your main covenant.

That way you have a specialization but if the ability is THAT big in certain situations, you have access to it. The ability shouldn’t be that big but could potentially be at the moment.

Compromising something that will make something better for the vast majority of people isn’t a bad thing. If ion wants to “stick to his principles”, then covenants is the hill shadowlands will die on.

1 Like

That’s fine, but that’s not what the guy I replied to was talking about.

LOL. Trying to drive away as many paying customers as possible while yourself being a perfect example of the middle school mindset that “This game would be 100% perfect if only we could get rid of the overwhelming majority of subscribers. Maybe if I get even more toxic and show even more immature behavior blizzard with give me a job driving away customers!”

Sure. Say whatever you want. Repeat, repeat, repeat, because you never had any point, but surely people will happily play the game and keep paying if you tell them that misery and toxicity = FUN!

Sure. It’s always been the case that we have posters who think that actual players are dead stupid and can’t tell if they’re having fun. Just go call people names some more, that will make you look really smart and edgy. For a 6 year old, maybe.

People will keep playing the game as long as there is nothing else better on the market. They played through Azerite, through Artifact stuff, and will play through covenants unless there is something better on the market. I know a lot of people are ready to quit, but speaking frankly here, most of them will not because this is how they spend their spare time and what they do.