Shadowlands Fire Warlock vs Chaos Warlock: Lit or yikes? plz respond

Pretty sure the whole point was to make two different playstyles for destruction. That’s specifically why chaos bolt doesn’t count as fire.
If you can’t balance talent rows because of synergy, make different synergies.

1 Like

Did you know Chaosbolt used to be a fire spell?

The math does not include the GCD required for conflag RB buff uptime.
That would significantly alter the DPS of the build (not sure if it’s higher or lower, does the conflag GCD do enough damage to increase the dps, is it DPS neutral over the course of the rotation, or is it a DPS loss having to maintain that buff)

So far it’s out dpsing any build that casts chaos bolt rn on beta

I like it.
10 chars

Cursed design fail.

Early tier no haste CB isn’t worth casting. It’s probably just a DPS loss. I didn’t play destro much at the start of BFA but I imagine destro was overall pretty poor.
Late tier insane haste CB is good again. As it is now.

Just more or less bad class design.

Still an awful and pointless change. We have fire mages we don’t need Fire warlocks. They should be primarily around CHaos damage and CB should hit like a truck, even if it has a cooldown or high cost.

Also needs to go through immunities so there’s SOME flavor

Infernal is way too strong of a CD and because of that, normal rotational spells feel really bad to press. The baseline rotation is also really stale. Adding something like channel demonfire baseline and adding nether rift (the destro artifact ability from legion) in it’s place would be really nice.

I like the having that distinct difference between them alot. I dislike the heavy RNG which comes with Rain of Chaos.

The design philosophy behind our level 90 talents is to have 3 different playstyles.

In BFA Grimoire of Supremacy and Roaring Blaze were both viable (with distinct differences in playstyles) but Grimoire of Sacrifice was never even close to being viable.

It’s frustrating to me that despite this they aren’t changing Sacrifice at all and it will likely go another expansion without being used at all :frowning:

2 Likes