Shadowlands Final Report Card

I don’t think so because that’s an easy way to dismiss people’s genuine interest.

Artifact weapons for Legion sucked. Similarly praised pre-launch heh.

The thing that bored me the most about this xpac is that there were like 6/36 viable specs per season and to pick a “viable” one you also had to go with a specific covenant

So there was only a vague illusion of choice but in reality you had about 8/144 options that were “viable” for M+

1 Like

Meaningful choices is only meaningful if they’re compelling mechanically.

In reality, the choice for 90% of specs was: “Pick the covenant that makes you hit things much harder or pick the covenant with the useless ability”.

Great example was Hunter. Night Fae provided the AOE Death Circle that made Marksman EXPLODE in 9.0… Venthyr provided a single target ability… that lost out to the AOE Death Circle on single target.

How can they be that incompetent?

3 Likes

Dinars are pretty useless, all they do is give you (nearly worthless) normal gear.

The real action is with the upgrade tokens, which are problematic in many ways. They’re simultaneously bad because they’re sooooooooooooooooooo slow to acquire, and also stupidly overpowered because they let you get gear from bosses you will NEVER defeat.

This expac had more class viability than previous ones for m+

A bunch of dungeons that were :poop: when they first came out. GD’s 3rd boss has had her visuals completely reworked, Docks got tons of tuning, Upper got TONS of tuning, Lower got a METRIC TON of tuning, and Workshop got tuning as well. I think the only dungeon that came out without many changes was Junkyard, but that’s because its so easy that people didn’t feel like they needed to whine, even if in an ideal world it should be tuned UP to make it harder.

The saving grace of the start of the season was that many of us were too busy grinding to completely throw ourselves at the dungeons for IO pushing. Additionally, the fact that we had an ilvl increase meant we weren’t forced to be jealous of Dinars because we had our own thing to work on.

It’s all the same system in my eyes. Dinars + Upgrade tokens. Deterministic systems to get exactly the gear you want at the highest upgrade level.

My hunter has a 311 sylvanas bow from dinars. Can’t get that from M+

What’s wrong with some dungeons being harder than others? Not everything has to be junkyard type difficulty. Infinite scaling system, yet nerfs lol.

What? Which one? Burning Crusade?

I think if Blizzard did away with dinars, but left the OP upgrades, nobody would really care.

Yeah I remember how soft M+ players are. We didn’t need updated visuals to do the CMs.

Oh please, I bet Blood Death Knights couldn’t care less about the ilvl upgrade, all they wanted was the Gavel anyway.

You still got a whole new KSM, new dungeon portals for KSH and all your typical achievements. Raiders didn’t get a new AotC/CE to work towards. Most guilds are just farming the raids as best they can, without really pushing, because there’s no incentive to push.

Can’t get that from Sanctum either apparently.

It just smooths out the bad RNG. You’d farm LFR/Normal/Heroic for Gavel and if you didn’t get it you’d be big sadge. The Dinar just smooths that element out. Obviously the “big power” of the system is the upgrade tokens but the Dinars do help out smoothing out the bad RNG.

Not engaging this conversation with someone hiding behind an alt. There are M+ discords where your IO is front and center if you want to come on and talk about how you think the M+ dungeons didn’t need tuning.

You’d get laughed off the server and you’d whine about being bullied.

Please define “viable”.

Or they could double or triple the loot drop rate, which is the real issue. The drop system is fine, the problem is that they’ve been strangling the drop rate for years.

Yea, people want everything “easy.”

Remember when Tier tokens were separate from actual loot ?

So bosses dropped 4 pieces, but a tier boss dropped 4 pieces + 2 tokens, always.

Just off the top of my head. Here is an issue with some being harder than others.

You need X item for Y dungeon, its a BiS trinket that really impacts your damage. Buy Y dungeon is one of the hard ones. Therefor, no one wants to do it.

I need X item from Z dungeon. Its my BIS trinket that really impacts my damage. Z dungeon is one of the easy ones. Everyone wants to do it.

Nothing is hard at +15.

Nah, it ain’t even that.

• M+ scores start to become harder to decipher

• Upgrading your keystone become a lotto as to whether you will be able to continue to raise it up again

• Tyr and Fort weeks can have a problem where if one is harder than the other for a given dungeon you can get this weird situation where a key just gets stuck for a week and/or you get a glut of a given key in queue which also becomes a problem as if keys don’t move, you get less keys overall. It’s like the economy - a dollar in motion has a force multiplier, a dollar at rest is only ever worth a single dollar (or less).

There are tons of problems with an uneven difficulty level in keys. I mean, just look at Junkyard, you have people constantly prayge for Junkyards so they can +2 and get a higher key and then untime that higher key as an untimed 28 is worth roughly a 27, whereas you might struggle to even get a key for a 27 if you struggle to time 26s, etc.

1 Like

Not to mention keys like Waycrest Manor where the randomized paths were different (and the one that went outside was particularly bad).