Shadowlands Developer Update

These are just a few changes that we have all been asking for. And you know what, I’m more upset at the fact that it took this long. Not only do we not trust you, but this change doesn’t feel good. It is a good change, but man, it doesn’t feel good. There are a LOT of other things that need to be changed NOW and not later. People say that BFA was fun at the end of the expansion because most of the changes players wanted were implemented, but people will still say that BFA was terrible. The journey to the end was trash, but the destination was amazing, but we all just remember the trash. Change the game now, man.

3 Likes

Good to see that you’re taking user experience into consideration. Hopefully we’ll get some more life into this game again.

The negativity from the community about the systems has been overwhelming. Your inaction and lack of acknowledgement (or flat out dismissiveness) wasn’t helpful. I appreciate that you’ve realized mistakes were made. I just hope it’s enough.

2 Likes

Ty blizz for making good changes and making the game more enjoyable next patch.

1 Like

Will we be able to loot the mounts from other Covenant and use them?
Would be nice to get all of them without switching to every Covenant.

1 Like

Neat

Definitely a bit of “break glass in case of emergency” feel but glad to have it in the game.

This is one of the more blunt responses to feedback I’ve seen. An unexpected change, but a welcome one.

Keep up the good work team!

While I appreciate these changes, can we also revisit the rating lock on dungeon gear upgrades for players’ alts who have completed the KSM achievement for the season? It was previously an account-wide reward that made gearing alts a little bit easier/friendly. I feel like that being taken away penalizes those who have earned the achievement. If a player wants to play an alt for a different content purpose (such as raiding with a friend’s guild), they have to essentially invest double the time investment in order to effectively do/be viable in the content they want to run.

Thank you.

1 Like

I already said I am glad they came to this conclusion, and that I’m glad they finally listened. I can be both glad they listened, and disappointed it took so long at the same time. Pick someone less logical to try and troll cause I’m just gonna ignore you and we can both move on with our day.

4 Likes

They do this every single expansion; ignore feedback in alpha/beta and release fixes later as a “feature”. This time it took losing half their playerbase to push obvious changes through. It will happen next expansion too with whatever convoluted systems they have there.

13 Likes

What about account wide progress for Covenant achievements? Such as the achievements needed to unlock cosmetics for Path of Ascension. I don’t really want to have to do it on 4 characters to get all of the different armor sets.

1 Like

Glad you guys are starting to understand these restrictions weren’t fun or interesting in the slightest bit late but I’ll take it, looking forward to seeing more posts like this.

hey kaivax any word on a mini raid coming with 9.1.5?

I don’t know if the dev team is reading this - but one thing to look for is unique effects during TW Legion.

It would feel pretty awful if the best trinket turns out to come from Legion TW weekly vault. So a < 1% chance once every 6 months or whatever.

No, they should apologize for not taking into consideration the community feedback

7 Likes

I agree those changes are late, but theay are truly needed. I’ve been farming renown and the campaign for covenant swaps and new alts and it becomes really frustrating how much farming you need if you want to play something diverse.

OMG thank you so much!

Need to remove anima cap now.

I hope this can be done even on characters that are already being worked on. Just an NPC we speak to for jumping ahead.

Thank you for this honest to God apology that was unnecessary per se but still deeply appreciated and quite frankly comes as a shock.

2 Likes

Oh my god, real dev communication.

Oh my god, it’s happening.
It’s happening, you guys!

Kaivax and Linxy you two are the mvps

2 Likes

I feel so weird about this one because I loved old ranged SV…but I also started playing new SV recently and also love it lol. I’m so torn, at this point I kind of hope they just add a fourth spec and rename the melee spec, let the ranged version be called survival haha

1 Like

And we thought WOD was a flop expansion… oh well…