Shadowlands Developer Update

This is a good start but I still need

• Maw Intro Skip.
    -Torghast more cosmetics
  • Fix legendary crafting reagents to not be weekly capped
  • Listen to my alpha and beta feedback sooner than 18 months later
  • Rebalance and revamp shadowlands levelling. Threads of fate needs to give more xp and be faster if its supposed to be the equivalent of the campaign but streamlined.
  • (I’m willing to give some with this) Finally go through with a blizzcon statement of letting alts level in torghast and add an infinite system to torghast.
5 Likes

Great changes!

1 Like

Appreciate you at least owning up to the mistakes and know its late, even though most of the points are the exact same ones brought up when the systems were introduced.

What about soul cinder catch up? Make it work like valor is now. You have a ‘season maximum’ and you’re not so constrained to have to do it every week. I don’t think people would mind running torghast multiple times to catch up on alts or other characters that didn’t do it for a week or two.

Once the new currency for the next round of legendary ranks come through, then you can just remove the cap and make it work like you did with soul ash and make the new currency with a ‘season maximum’.

4 Likes

what really caught my attention is the part where they said legion will become apart of the time walking but with a twist can’t wait to see what they mean

3 Likes

Please blizzard stop timegating these fixes.

I was looking in my discord and I told my guild to wake me up when HoF/9.1.5 drops cause problems for 9.1 will be fixed by then.

That was posted May 31.

We want to play your game so please stop slowing consumption rates to compensate for high end players (like what you did with account-wide essences in 8.3 after horde nyalotha HoF closed, and just last week with spec specific conduit upgrading when Sanctum horde HoF closed).

You are dunking on so many players and it makes us tired and apathetic. Please put these things we want in on day 1 of the expansion, and do the same for 10.0.

6 Likes

Yes.

That may not be immediately testable in the first version of the 9.1.5 PTR, but we’re working on it.

39 Likes

Lmao, you’re either an ultimate shill or one of GD’s best trolls. Legit can’t tell one way or the other

12 Likes

Okay, looks like there’s quite a bit more being added, this is courtesy of Icy-Veins:

Maw Introduction Skippable

Players who have completed the introduction in the Maw on one character will be able to speak to Highlord Darion Mograine in the capital cities to skip it on their alternative characters on their account.

Allied Race Unlocks

Allied races such as the Kul’Tiran humans, Mechagnomes, and Dark Iron Dwarves, which had a dungeon requirement to unlock them, will no longer need to complete the associated quest to gain access to these races. Players will be able to skip it instead.

Additional Travel Points in The Maw

Players will be able to take advantage of additional fast travel options from Ve’nari’s Refuge to Perdition Hold and Desmotaeron within the Maw by unlocking access to them.

Remote Anima Turn-Ins

Completing quests from Archivist Roh-Suir will provide access to an Anima Diverter within Korthia where Anima can be directly deposited.

Alt Leveling Improvements

A variety of improvements will be introduced in support of a smoother experience leveling alternate characters through Shadowlands, such as an additional rank of Heirloom upgrades, and improvements to Threads of Fate such as the addition of Torghast as an option and Renown gains for completing bonus objectives.

Runecarving Recipes

Drop rates for Runecarving recipes will be increased to 100% drop rate in any dungeon difficulty.

Battle for Azeroth Legacy Loot Rules

Legacy loot rules will be enabled for players at level 60 in all Battle for Azeroth raids and dungeons, causing encounters to drop the number of items as they would randomly drop for a 5-player dungeon party or a 20-player raid.

1 Like

I am so happy to hear about the campaign skip and covenant swap. I have 4 paladins, one of each covenant, and it is truly a pain trying to acquire all of the transmog, pets, and toys from each of these covenants, ontop of participating in progression. Thank you for finally pulling Preach’s finger, I mean ripcord.

2 Likes

Nice. I hope you do something about the Great Vault regarding domination gear and legendaries, not just for now, but also thinking about 9.2 if you decide to bring back tier sets.

1 Like

on top of this, I want to add a couple things:

Can we please make covenant swapping via a tome? literally just add it to the talent UI and make like a talent.

Same thing with conduits, I really don’t want to have to go back to the sanctum to swap things around.

1 Like

Truly good work here guys!

1 Like

How will this affect Anima that you have already acquired?

Great now give us more Moonkin forms we’ve been promised for 10+ years

1 Like

Since maybe feedback is actually being listened to, Tier sets were the driving factor for me to raid, collecting them was a huge accomplishment. I thought they were coming back in 9.1, but was disappointed to see them not return. Bring tier sets back, it has been an iconic piece of WoW since the very beginning. Maybe then I would actually raid again (haven’t raided seriously since legion).

9 Likes

Grim and Arcatraz are two of the most interesting dungeons imo.

They’ve already said they’re planning on Tier sets this expansion.

Why would you think that? Originally they said they weren’t but changed their minds close to Shadowlands’ release. That’s not enough time to plan Tier sets for 9.1.

I’d wager the conduit swapping would work like essences, whole soulbind swapping would likely still need to go back to sanctum. And covenant swapping would require the usual talking to the npc in oribos.

I wanted to boost this message, because I feel the same way. I don’t even care if they have special abilities, I just want more class-themed armor sets.

1 Like

Hell no. These changes are all things talked about during beta.

9 Likes