[Shadowlands] Covenant Feedback From Passionate Player Without Beta Access

When doing the highest, hardest content, you always have to do things you don’t want to, or whatever. The game at some point will not cater to that percentage, the people wanting to be optimal all the time. Sometimes I just think, ‘‘well this is not how devs want me to play their game… but it’s fun so I’ll adapt’’ or ‘‘this sucks’’ and quit the game.

Its not doomed to fail, and they won’t die on this hill. But just like 8.3 with its assaults/visions/corruptions, many people will be frustrated, enjoy the the game less, and it will likely affect sub retention.

All for some crazy idea that making people choose between gameplay and RP will actually bring back more RP focus in the game.

2 Likes

I know it’s hard to imagine, but we aren’t actually locked into this genre, or into playing videogames at all. In life you have meaningful choices. you are not restricted by restrictions others have imposed on themselves.

But the thing is, if that’s what you’re looking for there is 1 choice, WoW.

I don’t like single player games
I don’t like pvp games
I like raiding
I like m+

No matter what, I’m playing wow. When wow shuts down, I’ll probably be off playing p.servers.

You seemed pretty clear here. What I said was: “I don’t think it’s as big a deal as people think it is - it’s making a mountain out of molehill”. And you’re telling me I shouldn’t have said that because it downplays how you feel.

I mean, I have a different opinion than you. Sorry that downplays how you feel?

But we love this genre, and we love wow. That’s why we are here voicing opinions on how the game could be even better, or to offer feedback on what appears to many of us to be mistakes that will hurt the game.

We’ve already got dozens of topics covering the same stuff. This is a wall of text.

Not everyone is a raider. Not everyone does mythic+. Changing the game to appeal to a minority of players, and those who are only there because they feel they have nowhere else to go, sounds like the opposite of a growth strategy.

We can have both, no one needs to suffer. No reason to kill the reason ANYONE plays the game

1 Like

We could. But it isn’t designed to satisfy multiple demographics anymore.

Indifference because you’re unaffected is not an opinion. I welcome others to have a different opinion but if you’re going to voice that opinion, it doesn’t offer anything to the conversation if it’s not well constructed and thought-out. You downplay how others feel about the concept because you can’t relate to it, not because it doesn’t have merit to those it affects.

I’m sorry you feel that way, but I have searched the forums already trying to find a place where this information has been compiled as mine has. That, and I don’t have access to the beta forums without beta access, so this was the only place to put it.

I mean, raiding and m+ exist even though they are about 20-30% of the playerbase, so yes, they’re still trying to hit multiple demographics.

The best growth strategy would be making the game appeal to everyone, which they could do by not making you choose whether aesthetics or gameplay are more important to you. Many of us enjoy both.

If raiding and mythic+ are 20-30% of the playerbase, that means they are neglecting 70-80%.

Having raids isn’t neglecting though?

They still have pvp content, they still have pet battles, they’re working on making professions more appealing, they have regular dungeons, mount farming, transmog farming.

They’re not neglecting, or trying to neglect, anyone.

They would also need a broader range of content, especially for casuals. I know making heroic dungeons fun and rewarding again would cut into token sales for paid carries. So we can’t have that.

Yep, time to remove classes entirely, I hate having to pick “mage” just to use frostbolt. This is 2020, get with the times Blizzard. I want my non-descript, gender-fluid amorphous being from the start, able to choose ANY talents and ANY spells and ANY traits I want, AND be able to change them on the fly without ANY repercussions. If I want to be a casting rogue with war stomp for the first fight in the raid, then drop to be a holy death knight with every man for himself in a quick pvp match while I wait for everyone else in the raid, I should be able to.

Make it happen Blizz or I’m unsubbing.

They’re adding daily quests back to normal and heroic dungeons for rep.

You can also do some of your daily covenant quests by doing dungeons

What are you even talking about? No one is talking about taking away anything that already exists or making the game worse for anyone else.

Untying player power from covenants does not make the game worse for anyone.

People are allowed to say: “I hate this” or “I’m fine with this” without going into further detail on any topic they want. And I question what you’re adding to the conversation when you decide to tell them to be quiet because they downplay how you feel.

If you’re genuinely curious about my position, I’ve gone into it with Vladikov… as he actually brought up some reasonable counterpoints for me to think about, so I went into more detail. Feel free to read that over.