[Shadowlands] Covenant Feedback From Passionate Player Without Beta Access

I can only hope.
:relaxed:

Your meaningful choice is to defend bad mechanics such as TF and essence catch up mechanics for alts.

Why am I not surprised that you would defend this too.

That’s where you have to decide if one outweighs the other. There’s definitely fun stuff out in the world that’s not WoW.

I see what you’re saying about just giving feedback for change, but at this point the wow team seems to be intent on ignoring it and launching with the stuff a lot people didn’t want. So at this point, hitting them in the wallet will probably be more effective.

We defend it because we like it?

Is that…like…hard for you to understand?

But it still won’t be wow raiding or m+ with friends, that’s what keeps people around, a lot of people are here just for that.

They would like to see the changes, but they’re not going to go anywhere anyway. I just accept the changes because there is no place to go if I want to raid or run m+

Your choice shouldn’t take away from ours. We can both be happy with our play.

My choice isn’t taking away from yours.

My choice aligns with the blizzard devs. The way the game was built up around. The way the game is meant to be played.

You’re the one asking for my choice to be changed for you.
Don’t get confused little cow.

1 Like

Exactly this.

Those of us who like this system as it is are not ‘making a choice to take things away from you’ we’re playing the game the way it was designed.

If this was a peg puzzle, players like Aneris and I are round pegs going into round holes, perfectly fine. Whereas some of you are square pegs, and you’re demanding Blizzard change the round hole so that your square peg can fit.

Yes, the bad doesn’t outweigh the good for you. That’s a tough spot and I think that helps to keep the dev team from making changes because they know some people won’t leave

That’s what I mean, they know they can do whatever they want because they provide something that no other game does.

Reference to Asmongold as a reliable source…You mean that guy that whined about having no changes in classic and then whined when he could no longer abuse the changes they made to classic, that guy?

Yea this thread is going places…

Did you know that if they changed the hole to a square, your round peg would still fit just fine?

Once again, I’m all for design iteration if things don’t work. However, that philosophy does still have some merit in that player ability should be more of a deciding factor than player class in group composition. Regardless of that, Covenant choice dictating group composition at any level is a terrible direction and everything should be done to avoid that outcome.

If you think there will not be issues with this between swapping specs and doing different types of core content, you are mistaken. Paths will not line up optimally and players will be left wanting to switch when they are unable to do so for no other reason than arbitrary limitation.

This is a fair point, and makes some sense. However, I’d still like to point you to the video that Preach made on the topic. It’s silly, but highlights the issues with that point very well.

Why is this an issue? We do this with talents in raid, we do it with gear between Mythic+ and raid, etc. etc. I don’t understand why it would ever be a problem to do so. Different boss mechanics may require the use of different abilities, stats, what have you. Why would you ever want to perform suboptimally? If people want to swap conduits or talents, they should be able to whenever they want to (outside of combat), at the cost of using a Tome of the Tranquil Mind.

Like it or not, the man has a large platform and has some good points and valid concerns. Everyone has had terrible opinions before, but that doesn’t mean their opinions are always bad. Even you.

Nope, it wouldn’t, not unless the square hole was also made larger. A circle peg the same size as a square peg cannot fit inside a square hole, as the curves of the circle hit the edges.

Basic puzzle understanding 101.

I disagree, and I think the way Blizzard is trying to ensure that there isn’t a 5 venthyr meta for dungeons and such is actually a good thing, setting it up so that players of specific covenants can unlock bonuses within dungeons means that players of other covenants will find groups or be easily able to form their own.

It will depend on class and spec, and yes, some sacrifices will need to be made. I’m assuming you’ve heard the term ‘jack of all trades, master of none’ correct?

Blizzard wants you to specialize, that’s how the game has been designed since Day 1 2004. If you want to play all specs and be master of all, you’re going to need to make sacrifices along the way.

Because Blizzard says it is? The original intent was for them to be destructible, that they’d be something you’d farm, similar to relics in Legion. A week cooldown is a small price to pay for not having to constantly farm multiple conduits of a particular type.

/facepalm

Thank you for showcasing your lack of basic understanding. The round hole is already there, its established. You cannot turn that hole into a square and make it smaller than the round hole that already exists.

Point being, if they untied player power from covenant choice by doing something like allowing players to pick the covenant they think is cool and want to be a part of, but putting all 4 abilities on a talent row style choice, your RPG aspect would not be affected. You could still pick the abilities that match your covenant choice.

Ew…
you’re confused.
Don’t assume what people like about the system is just boiled down to some random “RPG” fallacy you have cooped up in your noggin. Because…you’re wrong.

It’s certainly a way to control Covenant stacking, but limits friend groups and guilds in a way that they may have to take a Covenant they don’t want just to fill a need that the group/guild has. That feels really bad. Much worse than the alternative consequences in my mind.

Sure, I would argue most people have heard that phrase. But why should we need to sacrifice for the sake of sacrifice? I’m all for having a meaningful consequence, but it doesn’t feel like that in this context.

It’s an issue because they say it is? That’s the best you have?
It’s great that they made the change to the Conduit system in the ability to keep them similar to how essences work in BFA. They listened to player feedback and made a good change. They can do it again. That’s why this post was made - to highlight an issue that I, and many others, see with the system even after that change. Let’s not forget the problem with Relics in Legion. I like the effect, but the item level is garbage. Also, you do have to farm multiple conduits if you want to rank up the conduits you already have. I think that’s a great system, personally, because it builds on what didn’t work with Legion Relics. So, let’s keep building and iterating on this design and remove the 1-week limitation that doesn’t make any sense.

Do yourself a favour, go and get a peg puzzle from a store. It’s a kids toy, they’re fairly easy to find.

Try to fit the round peg into the square hole and see what happens. I’ll give you a hint. It doesn’t fit. The only way it fits is if you jam it in there, which damages the peg and the hole, and ruins the puzzle.

But really that’s beside the point. You’re demanding change to suit your playstyle, rather than changing your playstyle to suit the way the game is designed. We aren’t, and we’d rather see the game remain the way it’s being designed.

See my quote from the original post below.

The devs don’t know it all. They can’t possibly, and that’s why they ask for feedback. This is it. This is feedback.

What you just quoted has nothing to do with what I said.

I never said you shouldn’t be critical. I just disagree wholeheartedly with what you’re wanting, as do many others who like the game the way it is being designed now.