Shadowlands Content Update Notes

This has been known for some time. The hunters have the same summon time now. But locks have a spell that makes it much quicker ever so often. Hunters don’t even have that. And 2 hunter specs depend on those pets to even do damage. So, could be worse. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Just a few weeks ago

You’re not wrong but the devs have failed to explain why this change needed to be made in the first place and we’ve all been asking why?

2 Likes

Will BFA be rolled into the base game with this so people don’t need to buy it anymore?

4 Likes

Yes BFA will be included in the subscription. There’s a post on Wowhead about that.

4 Likes

Do we have to have bought Shadowlands to play pre-patch?

1 Like

RIP all those feral druids again lmao

3 Likes

Prepatch is major system overhauls and customizations. There’s really no choice in that matter. An SL purchase gets you new 50-60 content. Prepatch has no 50-60 content in it. So you’re good.

7 Likes

“Something’s not quite right…”
So now travel form turns you into a stag that cant be mounted, but you can use mount form to become a stag that can be mounted?
Sort of… um… pointless…
Can travel form be glyphed to the cheetah and still have a stag for carrying friends at least?
Can we change our ground forms in the barber shop yet, or are we stuck only changing flight forms when in an area we can fly?

Idk, seems like a dumb change over all. But maybe I am missing something.

7 Likes

This is sad. I don’t get why they don’t just make this the norm across all Legacy reputations. They’re legacy, they are not relevant anymore. Sad that it’s being removed.

13 Likes

These Fire Mage changes are just plain bad.

• Phoenix Flame not a guaranteed crit? Clunky DPS rotation incoming when we’re all about chaining CRITS

• Focus Magic? I love having my max DPS be dependent upon others, just great

• Rune of Power STILL IN GAME? Mage is supposed to be the most mobile caster. Why are you tethering us to the ground still for max dps? I could come up with numerous superior talents.

“New Ability - Alter Time” - Blatant lies. Alter Time is not a new ability, and it’s a neutered version compared to the Mists of Pandaria one.

• Our Phoenix Flames (that don’t crit guaranteed) are now our Ignite spreader? Why not Fire Blast like it was in WoTLK? Why not passive spread like it’s been for a while? And only 8 targets? Do you think we never AoE farm or PvP against more than 8 targets? Why are you capping how many targets I can attack? Wtf.

• Living Bomb secondary target damage reduction. More neutering of mass-AoE? Why? Why are you dictating how many targets I can attack, Blizzard?

• Temporal Shield removal - You get rid of our one reliable heal? Every class has multiple heals but us. And we can’t even do max damage unless we’re standing still, while the whole meta has been shifted to max mobililty.

I have to assume you guys/gals are incompetent if these changes go through.

10 Likes

I am looking forward to the patch.

" * (4) Set: Gaining a level triggers Burst of Knowledge, dealing Holy damage to nearby enemies and granting you 40% primary stat for 2 minutes. Defeating additional enemies extends this effect, up to 2 additional minutes."

If you are in a neutral area, where the NPC’s are in the yellow and not in the green, the NPC’s will attack you for the burst, because they get hit with it. Hopefully this gets fixed, but just a heads up to people wearing the heirlooms. Maybe level outside of the area until they like you better. This happened to me in PTR just a few days ago. . . I died. :rofl:

15 Likes

Look at all the MeAnInGfUl ChOiCeS we have to make! I’m sure this change is being done for some type of exploitation prevention but it’s really irritating. Is it really that important to Blizz that it takes 6 seconds rather than 2 or 4 for us to summon a pet? Feels like this change is just one of those annoying things that they add in now so they can change it later as a “quality of life” in the next xpac.

9 Likes

If you’re a veteran player and are interested in guiding new players as they experience World of Warcraft for the first time, head over to Stormwind or Orgrimmar and speak to the guide recruiter once you’ve met the following criteria:

• Have an account in good standing
  • Reach level 50
  • Complete 3000 quests
  • Earn at least two of the following achievements: Terrific Trio, Rival: Battle for Azeroth Season Four, Battle for Azeroth Keystone Conqueror: Season Four, The Waking Dream or We Have the Technology.

If you no longer wish to be a guide, you can speak to the guide recruiter once again.

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS. I have seen this attempted in many games and it NEVER works out! Even FFXIV with this 99% very nice community has a toxic newbie system that ignores newbies. WoW’s community is too toxic to remotely want to help anyone! This newbie chat will become fill of toxic players using it for political and other bad reasons like they do in trade chat.

14 Likes

Yup, just got confirmed that BFA will be rolled in with pre-patch in a mod’s blue post.

lol disabling legion legendary’s for no reason. I’m so glad all those pieces i got on my alts will now be utterly useless for leveling

10 Likes

When it takes longer to heal the pet than to summon it, guess what people are going to do?

7 Likes

Yes because pets could be instantly revived, it was BS. A player killing a hunter’s pets SHOULD BE REWARDED by not seeing the pets for a bit longer afterwards, not pointlessly killing them just to instant revive.

10 Likes
  • Rank 4 Essences are no longer obtainable.

Would like Blizzard to clarify the timing of this. Their previous announcement said that the Rank 4 Essences (aside from those awarded for achievements going away with the pre-patch, like Hertz Locker or hitting 2400 in rated PvP) would remain obtainable during the pre-patch period and only be removed when the pre-patch period ended and Shadowlands launched.

These new patch notes seem to indicate that all Rank 4 essences will all be unobtainable next week.

Will Azshara and N’zoth no longer drop their Rank 4 essences with the pre-patch? Or will they keep dropping them until Shadowlands launches?

7 Likes

Why all the gnomes? This isn’t giving me confidence in a working product.

4 Likes