Shadowlands Collector's Edition

Good afternoon everyone. I have a quick question regarding the SCE. If I go to the Blizzard Store and pre-purchase the SCE, I know it does not ship until the expansion is released, but does blizzard send a digital code to be played until the item is actually shipped? I looked all over that page on the store and cannot find this info. To me, this means they do not, but I wanted to double check.
For instance, do I HAVE to buy the digital version to be able to play…AND the SCE version to get the book and stuff?
Thank you in advance for any information.

This is stickied at the top of the page btw, but the gist of it is if you already pre-purchased the digital version and later apply the the Collector’s Edition, they refund you the digital version via Blizzard Balance.

Jerauld, thank you. I did see that but it does not answer my question of…if I do NOT own the digital copy, and I pre-purchase the physical copy in the store, do they send a digital copy to play (as people can play it now), since they won’t be able to ship the physical copy until the xpac drops. Or do I HAVE to purchase both the digital copy and the physical copy, and then get refunded via blizz balance at the end of the year?

Yes. If you want to start playing at midnight when the servers go live, this is your ONLY option.

To compare a POSSIBLE option for some, WoW has slid in popularity so much that the Gamestop near me USED to do midnight sales for WoW-- they haven’t done one since WoD. Certain PS and Xbox games still get it, but not WoW anymore.

So at least for me, if I wanted to start playing at midnight, paying twice is my only choice. As STUPID as that choice is. >(

Thank you Brocknor. This is exactly what I needed.
Yah…Stupid choice, but really have no choice…lol.

1 Like