Shadowlands: Castle Nathria and Season 1 Goes Live December 8

BfA was one of, if not the best, paced expansion ever.

BFA is the longest expansion ever in terms of total time spent in it, and yet the final tier drought of 10 months from 8.3 release to SL released is fairly “short” relative to many other expansions.

1 Like

Uldir was a 4-month raid that straddled Christmas. I don’t consider that well-paced at all.

And I certainly do NOT want to do that again in Castle Nathria.

2 Likes

The first tier seems to be shorter, so I guess we shall see.

I meant overall for the entire expansion.

We have the longest expansion ever simultaneously having one of the shorter final tier droughts.

And if they had shaved a month off of Nyalotha and extended Uldir by a month, it would have been fine.

I would agree. 5-6 months seems ideal for each raid tier.

Just make sure you’re active on the forums when 4 months after Castle Narthia is out it’s flooded with cries to release the next raid already we are bored to help show some people want it released slower.

Copy paste easy

1 Like

While not one myself, I can absolutely understand “hardcore” raiders being upset about the timing. A week of lost progression can mean the difference between getting those AoTC achievements or not for a lot of guilds.

What is this Christmas you speak of? Is that the day were people gorge themselves on food or the one where you give gifts for no reason?

It’s obvious why, if you think about all the things that have happened in 2020. But you’re right, no point arguing with a ‘real raider’; that requires objectivity from the ‘real raider’ and the ability to think about something other than themselves and their own situation.

This may be the first thing in the history of the forums I have actually agreed with you on.

Went the same place as the idea of normal raid being for friends and family.

Very few if any are considering prioritizing the game over family the issue is we will feel guilty if posting out prevents those who don’t have family stuff from raiding.

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/status/1321911243800604672

Ion replies about the raid schedule.

So where are you that you get to have a big family Christmas anyway this year?

I read that as “Castle Narnia” & had to do a double take :no_mouth:.

1 Like

I have sympathy for everyone who is going to feel pressured to make a choice over this. At the same time, I’m sitting here wondering if I’ll even have a max level character by that point. I just play the game at a different speed now… 16 years older…

The world is a different place this year. A little less Christmas party time will be a good thing for almost everyone I imagine.

1 Like

Y’all pretending you have social lives. How adorable.

Yer gonna ruin my Thanksgiving and Christmas! How am I supposed to walk upstairs and have dinner with my mom and her cats and make it back downstairs in time for the raid?!

4 Likes

Even though I don’t mythic raid I can see the issue. They should have just opened up normal IMO and waited for heroic/mythic after the holidays are over.

It appears that everyone on the forums are sponsored wold firsters.