Shadowform needs to go

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’m hoping I’m not (I would appreciate it if people could weigh in as well to hopefully get some traction).

Can we please finally just get rid of Shadowform, or make it a cosmetic-only button? I find sometimes it’s cool to have on, but most of the time I can’t show off my hard-earned cosmetics/transmogs as well as other classes.

Because it’s tied to a 10% damage increase, it’s mandatory, but why? It’s also incredibly annoying to have to constantly toggle it back on in BGs on rez.

16 Likes

Think many forum threads have been created simply asking for a glyph that allows the aesthetic effects of shadowform to be removed, not the removal of shadowform itself

6 Likes

i love shadowform, hell i wish it was more void and tentacly, since they are tapped into that type of lore.

6 Likes

It’s a good thought actually. If they would allow a Glyph to remove it entirely, and allow it to persist on death. That would solve most of the problem IMO

1 Like

While we’re at it, add a glyph for classic shadowform and mind flay.

10 Likes

You’re. Shadowform stays.

1 Like

I’m ok with the concept of Shadowform. The fart clouds and swirly oil on the body look ridiculous.

Why can’t we have old school form?

It looks so much better imo

4 Likes

No Blizzard do not actually remove Shadowform, i do not mind giving a glpyh to remove but do not actually remove it.

2 Likes

What’s the point of Shadowform anymore? As far as I’m aware, the only reason we had it was to discourage us from casting holy spells in Shadow spec, but since that’s no longer a thing, why even bother having it? It’s just something you have to toggle after you die, though sometimes it stays on. I’m not sure how that works tbh. It doesn’t reduce damage anymore, it’s literally just a cosmetic and 10% damage change.

3 Likes

Animations during void form has some cool void like style w/ tentacles and such. I’d love to see a glyph that made shadow form have similar style

1 Like

I’m the opposite I wish void form didn’t have the tentacles…

I want it to be cosmetic too. Sometimes I notice it bugs and I’m just purple but I can see most of my gear when that happens.
I think we could get different shadow cosmetic aura like how druid gets different skin for their transformation. I’d like crows and darkness for mine or red like the Venthyr stuff.

2 Likes

I noticed this too. When did they change it? I remember back in BC my Shadow Priest owned with the boost to dmg reduction. Pop shield and wreak the place.

I thought there was a Glyph back in the day that changed how the Shadow Form looked. Is it still active? I have the one that changes your mount and companion pet. Not sure if it is a bug or not, but my pets always have it on, but my mount doesn’t unless I change forms.

Opinions will vary, im with you in that i dont like the visual on it even with the glyph, but many love it.
The easy answer is for the glyph to remove it completely, or offer a glyph that makes it even stronger.

Eh I love shadow form. I wish it was like the old form much darker. They should allow a cosmetic aspect to shadow form. Nothing/lighter, regular form and darker/old shadow form.

3 Likes

Classice Shadowform to this day, looked the BEST!!! Yes, please a Glyph for that Shadowform :slight_smile:

Shadow form mechanically is clunky and pointless. Visually some people like and some hate it. S-Priest is probably one of the DPS I’m best at but I hate playing it for the same reason I dont like playing druid: I want to SEE THE CHARACTER I MADE. Need options to disable it, 100%.

1 Like

It used to give an armor bonus, then a dmg reduction. They removed that awhile ago, so they just need to remove the dmg bonus and make it cosmetic.

completely agree OP.

I LOVE MC but its not worth shadowform lol.

I just want the fart clouds to go away, and maybe make it a bit lighter overall so I can actually see my transmog. There’s no rule that says they can’t actually make a few different glyphs - one that makes it go away entirely, one that is similar to now, and maybe one in between that drops the clouds.