Shadowdance change suggestion

Is there a way or hot fix where we can get an option in the settings for rogues to change shadowdance to use the stealth action bar?

The issue has multiple complications such as:

1. If I ever want to respec my PvP dual spec tree, any abilities I put on my “shadowdance” bar that come from talents like Shadowstep, premeditation, Ghost Strike… etc. have to be re-applied to the shadowdance action bar every time.
    1. Even trying to solve the issue with Macros glitches out and it seems (sometimes) the time when I swap specializations after a respec of a build that uses shadowdance, the only solution that “fixes it” so that my macros properly apply abilities in them is to /reload while the shadowdance action bar is active for 6 seconds.
    1. Just the pain of dragging and dropping MANY abilities to the shadowdance bar in a 6 second window is frustrating, especially when combined with abilities removing themselves when respeccing, or not knowing if the macro abilities are properly working until I need to use them. It’s not a major concern right now, but if I want to do any competitive pvp with that ability it NEEDS to be more reliable.

TLDR: Adding an option to make the shadowdance bar be my stealth action bar solves the issue of being able to customize the action bar and know if macros are working properly without being limited to customize action for Shadowdance within a 6 second window.

try bartender addon

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/bartender4

gives you the flexibility to organize all that

There is no way to do this with the default UI. I think the change was made in MOP where Shadow Dance and Stealth bar became the same. I remember rogues being split between loving/hating the change.

This macro will help you set up the bar but creates another problem in doing so.
/cast shadow dance
/changeactionbar 2

This allows you to set up bar 2 as you shadow dance bar but you will have to switch back to bar 1 when shadow dance ends.
/changeactionbar 1

I’ve always just used stance macros and my stealth/dance/regular bars are all the same.
stance: 0 normal
stance: 1 stealth
stance: 2 vanish
stance: 3 shadow dance

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.