Shadow spec bonuses

For this specialization, in Season 4, I would like the bonuses (updated) from:

Para esta especialización, en la temporada 4, me gustarían las bonificaciones (actualizadas) de:

Para esta especialização na Série 4, quero os bônus (atualizados) da:

• Season 1 / Temporada 1 / Série 1
  • Season 2 / Temporada 2 / Série 2
  • Season 3 / Temporada 3 / Série 3
0 voters

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/choose-your-own-gear-in-dragonflight-season-4/1760899/1

2 Likes

I’m just gonna put this out there right now for anyone who might be on the fence about what set bonuses you might want: y’all do not want to see what Shadow’s gameplay looks like without the Insanity generation from the Amirdrassil 2pc.

I really wish I could get that Aberrus tier for AoE and the Amirdrassil tier for ST though. AoE feels terrible with the Amirdrassil tier but the spec is unplayable in a raid setting without the Amirdrassil 2pc’s Insanity generation after the 10.2 nerfs.

15 Likes

cant wait to have an insanely boring rotation because people unironically think s2 was fun

8 Likes

If season 3 isn’t chosen you must revert Surge of Insanity nerf. Make it once again apply on every Devouring Plague cast.

24 Likes

If we could have S3 2piece and S2 4piece that’d be great…

Getting a rework between each tier is going to really skew this. Nobody even knows what the gameplay they’re voting on will play like because it won’t be how it was.

17 Likes

I think it’s kind of hard to evaluate these sets without understanding the final tuning, but in the spirit of the set bonuses I would love to get the Season 2 effect back.

My concern is that the several rounds of balancing the spec has gotten since the release of that set make it considerably less valuable than it was back in Season 2 days, especially in raiding environments.

For example, if no tuning was done (to showcase the extreme) in raiding we would likely keep the EXACT same build with Dark Ascension and Mindbender even with the Season 2 set bonus effect.

Personally I think this choice would be better made in-game instead of before the patch with a vendor or some item that let us choose which season’s set bonus effect is currently active for Season 4.

34 Likes

No, no, no, these are all wrong. Clearly we need to vote for that one TBC set bonus that increases the health of our shadowfiend by 75 hp, pumps about just as much feels as the S2.

3 Likes

I was really hoping we would be able to mix and match 2 set bonuses. I’d go for season 3 2-piece bonus with season 1 or 2 4-piece.

3 Likes

This would be alot more fun.

For pvp, wiithout a major class rework such as get an insanity proc each dp, significant damage buff to mind blast, significant buff to regular flay/spike, and an actual penalty for dispelling VT (horror breaks on damage and dispelling vt/dp is worth the horror 90% of the time), then SEASON 3 is the only answer to the question. Without it, we have 0 killing power.

Since pve seems to favor the S2 set, the sinplest solution is to let people choose which set or combo of sets they want. Let people pick what fits their playstyle.

-currently highest rated SP in 3s

9 Likes

a vote for season 2 is a vote for eternally mindspiking because we have DOG insanity gen without current tier

10 Likes

Yep need to change back to what our insanity generation use to be . Oh and if where choosing gear etc here blizzard , bring back mind seer / everything. You want to make S4 fun and go all out for some fated raids , then let us have it all , all the perks etc coz seriously that would get me to play more, having multiple builds and talents to work around with .

1 Like

akshually envyion is

I vote to revert the whole spec back to Season 1 (10.0.7)

15 Likes

100% agree

Please?! s1 was bis

In terms of fun, season 1 is probably the best since lots of haste = fun, the other ones are pretty meh in that sense. Shadow has the most boring set bonusses though, it’s not gonna be interesting if we still can’t mix sets and have an extra slot to make it six slots like it used to be.

So if you’re an m+er and that is the majority of your content, you want to AVOID tier 3 at all cost if they are really going to do tuning after the tier set is chosen, the reason for this is because they will tune classes or the tier set around SWD being a large part of your damage, which is EXECUTE damage, which m+ does not care about

2 Likes

Here are all set bonuses from each season.

2 Likes

What if I wanted Season 3 but with the original iteration of the Extra SW:D DMG being at 50% instead of 15%? :rofl: