Shadow priest or elemental shaman?

Having hard time deciding, love how both play.

The power of the coin is insufficient.

Hell. Maybe even death knight!

Ele for the bloodlust, Spriest for the edge.

What an interesting take.

there’s no reason to play anything but demon hunter, really

Now theres an idea

1 Like

I have fun on my SP, I deciding between a warlock hunter and druid myself rn but I have personal RP narrative ideas that are important to me if a class is the best or not

DK for the tanking… and edge.
Yes I enjoy edgy classes.

I have always been a fan of taboo and dark magic.

But elements have really good lore if you ever decide to read it, they are always at war with one another, they are chaotic forces similar but not the same with the fel.

Do you want to heal or tank at some point? That should discard at least one of your options.
If dps is your only purpose then go DK, all mdps perform well by just facerolling.

For DPS, I prefer elemental shaman. Not even talking numbers, but just how they play. I find it more fun.

1 Like

I enjoy the mechanics of Elemental Shaman a lot, but wish it played like… 30% faster. Needs shorter baseline cast times or something.

1 Like

Hard to say. I hate playing Shaman’s in the current form. Shadow Priests are tolerable playwise but I hate the lore. Seeing as the next expansion is all about the undead I’d go deathknight.

Im open to learn how to tank or heal, I’ve only ever dps, so it could be a welcome change.

Go DK then, Shaman and Priest aren’t particularly easy healing classes (Druid is the most newbie friendly if you’re wondering). DK on the other hand is the easiest tank to understand: Marrowrend to stack armor-Death Strike to restore health.

Any politics of range vs melee dps I should know about if my decision swings this way?

Range dps seems to be quite requested.

Want to make sure I can make myself desirable.

Tanks are always on demand.
Spriest is bad in M+, the damage is good but they bring little to no utility or control.
Ele has mediocre damage but it’s far more desireable because of Hex, short cd interrupt and bloodlust.

Keep in mind that this is subjective, a lot of stupid players will pick the DH 1 ilvl above you instead of bringing BL to the group.

I like demon hunter for its lore, but its playstyle offers nothing new to the game and should return to the drawing board.

Its a real shame I say this about a hero class, but havoc plays dreadfully.