Shadow priest in torghast?

This only happens if you also pick up red hot mindpoker. Avoid.

Stack Catharstick, generic stat boosts, and high HP pools. Get the common powers than increase SWP damage to get even more out of it. Then get extra damage on stunned targets and Painbreaker’s Psalm. To complete the combo, get the one that makes SWP crit in the first tick every time. You’ll destroy the place with this build easily. Extra talents can be helpful too. In the late stages of Twisting Corridors, I was regularly breaking 500k dps on bosses, and over 800k a few times.

Get the “Word Abilities” stat bonus one as much as you can too. These stack and maintain when you switch back to Shadow. You can change specs at a rest area and build up to 10+ word spells used, giving you massive intellect bonuses. Boring but effective.

The stacking SWD epic power is decent, but buggy. It interacts negatively with Painbreaker’s Psalm, often not giving you credit for a killing blow. I tend to skip this one.

Mind control powers are awful and do take up too much space. Don’t bother with the fear powers. If you’re building catharstick, you won’t be able to stack your fears high enough to matter.

It’s boring and repetitive, but that’s the only super powerful build I was able to uncover after clearing the entirety of Twisting Corridors.

4 Likes

The fear extension and dmg one only works up to a certain extent (ie. they only stack a few times). They work ok in the regular wings but in twisting corridor even with max stacks you blast through the damage threshold almost instantly. In TC I’d only get cruelty censer and the fear duration increase.

1 Like

Fine whatever.

Just go disc instead. Problem solved.

While I do play Disc/Holy in Choreghast, it’s not like they have any super fun or exciting new powers. Aside from a few builds interacting with stacking either SW:P bonuses or PW:S, neither of which are particularly fun.

I’d love to see stuff like:

1. Penance now hits all targets affected by SW: P
  2. Each bolt of Penance has its damage increased by __%, stacking up to 3 or 4x (to synergize with the talent or already available power that grants Castigation)
  3. SW:P has a __% chance to instantly trigger Power of the Dark Side when initially applied to a target (this effect stacks).

Stuff like this would be way more fun.

I think as soon as you get the power that makes the initial damage of sw:p crit (Iforget the name), catharstick starts to proc off misery. I haven’t tested though.

100% correct.

1 Like

switch to disc
load up netflix
get the fade unibomber anima power
fade bomb your way to the top.
dont rush
hence why netflix

2 Likes

get the shield buff - shield the clone
disc dmg up
boom boom

I think the absolute maximum is 11 (12 if you’re in a group) stacks for 55% (60%) int…but I’ve definitely had TC runs where I get 6 or 7 dictionaries. Going into the final boss with 15k+ int is just hilarious. Without a doubt my favorite Torghast power

3 Likes

I’m surprised there are no powers for shadow crash. It could be comparable to flamestrike powers, 750% (?) increased the first time it’s used on a floor or the blanket 15% damage increases.

1 Like

So, here’s the thing Shadow has some very obvious, aesthetically pleasing damage abilities that have no powers to support them in Tor. Why isnt there a Void Form power? Why isnt there VT or ghost boi powers? Or a DP power?

Once again Blizzard had an interesting idea, but I’m worried instead of iterating on it they will just abandon it like so many other features (warfronts, garrisons, etc) due to negative feedback.

2 Likes

Ive been going with the SWD buff on kills if its early.

What I always have good luck with if RNG provides is boosting max HP. Mind blast power for more damage on shadowmend heals(up to 200% of max HP) and if I can hopefully flashbox for bigger shadow heals.

I had 50k HP going into floor 5 with 50 maw rat stacks and let the 5th floor boss wail on me until I capped out the mind blast damage and just 1 shot the 6th floor boss.

I started one lower-layer run with it and by floor 7/8 I could kill any non-elite effortlessly… VT with misery, hit SWD, they die, move to the next mob. It does max out at 255 stacks but it was hitting for 75k before any modifiers. Unfortunately some of the other powers (I think Painbreaker Psalm is the worst offender) interact badly with SWD, robbing you of killing blows and making it impossible to stack reliably.

People talk about the mawrat secret spices power like it’s common, but I only see it maybe one run out of every 4 or 5. My worst run I think I finished with 55k health or so; my best I had 360k. There’s enormous variation from one run to the next!

Yea, the amount of people talking about catharstick or whatever it is makes me feel like I should see it more. I think I have seen it like…3 times.

1 Like

I just want to know why it is that once you MC an enemy, it loses pretty much all its strength. You can go 1v1 with an identical mob, the other mob will chunk the MC mob’s HP, 15% per hit – the MC mob counters with barely noticeable damage.

Even buffing the mobs damage with Puppetmaster seems to do absolutely nothing. The only value of MC in Torghast is the niche situation where you can allow a tough mob to be taken down by other weaker mobs. Those mobs though need to be strong enough to kill your MC before it ends, and weak enough to not kill you. Pretty niche, and only serves to SLOW gameplay.

1 Like

yep that’s another one. “just get 4 or 5 stacks of it and it’s super easy!”

i’ve gotten to 5 stacks of it once. usually i’m lucky to get more than one. and i full clear every floor every time.

that’s crazy frustrating. i understand they don’t want you just MCing your way through the instance, but there has to be some kind of middle ground.

Saw someone mention the holy stun, when it’s paired with the power that props a mushroom? that does Holy damage it can be kind of crazy. It combined with the fade illusion and I pretty much went untouched.

called it in alpha the whole “unprunning” PR stunt is simply so they don’t have to work on spec-specific anima power.

honestly go Disc if you really want the mount, but to me, neither the maw nor Torghast is worth living through that dreadful experience. I had to do it for Anduin main quest hated my life and had to stop playing for a day (did it as Disc)