Shadow Priest DPS rotation way to complex

I just used the M+ build and followed the directions on what they told me. I don’t feel like I have too many buttons at all. :dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

You know there’s a Priest forum right?

Also if it’s too complex for you there’s multiple other classes you can play like maybe hunter is more for you.

2 Likes

They’re aiming to reduce the button bloat for SP next patch so you might want to check out the PTR notes. If you don’t like what you see, maybe it’s best to reroll.

Would you kindly post a link , if you can, to this. I can’t seem to find it. Not even googling it helps.

Thank you for your time.

You guys need to go play WW and then come back and tell me other specs have button bloat.

We all have a lot of buttons to press, but for some specs they are not always needed, for others they are, Shadow is certainly a not needed button rotation class where you have 40 buttons and only need 8 of them.

1 Like

Here you go:

PTR patch notes are posted in the In Development section.

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem!

1 Like

I think WW is the worst but as someone who mains UH DK I have a lot of buttons on a good day.

Shadow currently needs 13 distinct buttons for its DPS rotation. There were more buttons before the rework. There are also several non-DPS buttons that are used often enough to be key bound.

It looks like windwalker monk has 16 distinct buttons for its DPS rotation. I don’t know how many non-DPS buttons they use often enough to be key bound. It seems like both classes were comparable for button bloat before the shadow priest rework. After the shadow priest rework, shadow priest now has 3 less buttons.

Let’s not act like 3 buttons is the difference between 2D chess and 4D chess. However, I think shadow priest is in a better state button-wise at the moment. If I were playing a windwalker monk I would definitely be asking for less buttons.

Pretty much everything about the rework was a step sideways or backward, depending on which side of the fence you sit.

1 Like

Must not be for everyone.

The spriest in my raid says it “feels” a lot better and they are pumping some big numbers too.

They do admit that it is a stationary dps and moving is obviously a big dps loss, so understanding positioning and boss mechanics is a big part of it.

Basically is the “turret mode” dps.

1 Like

Nothing in those patch notes indicates they are addressing button bloat for shadow priests. Can you point to specifically what it is you are talking about?

It’s a very active spec, and has a larger learning curve, so naturally it’s going to seem this way. Just stick to it, and it’ll become second nature. This is what my BM monk seemed like back in the Mist of Pandaria expansion.

Nothing worth while is ever easy.

Aside from CD’s, or non core rotational buttons, Spriest has 7 buttons, and if you line up shadow crash correctly that removes 2 of your buttons, giving you a 5 button rotation, with one extra button only being used as an execute.

VE is used as a defensive and can be at times never used, you than have 4 CD’s, one of which can be considered a core rotation, and halo that is basically a filler when things are on CD or you have no resources left. Basically every other button you have is not needed unless for very specific reasons.

WW depending on build can have up to 11 core spells, then it depends on how you build them, there can be up to four baseline CD’s and ToD which when built right can be used less than once a minute to give them a massive DPS boost in dungeons, plus the five potential defensive CD’s, two of which can be used offensively giving a WW a potential SEVEN offensive CD’s.

1 Like

Shadow priest is not remotely “too many buttons” for the level of play 99% of people are at.

1 Like

Doesn’t shaman still win the “button bloat” award? Or has it finally been superseded?

Even at high levels of play, if done correctly SPriest still does not have too many buttons.

If anyone here thinks half a dozen buttons plus CD’s is too much maybe they should swap to BM and enjoy your 3 button rotation while being able to cast and move.

I haven’t counted the buttons, but at a core rotation it feels fine to play elemental and was fine the last time I tried enhancement.

The problem with Shamans is that they have too many other things they can use that are only used situationally, like the wind whatever totem, the stun totem, earth totem, healing totem, like they help, when they are needed, but like most other specs if you don’t need your utility, the basic rotation for elemental is actually quite good.

And I think that’s a problem here, people look at every button and go “Oh noes too much” and don’t even realise 50% of it all is almost never used. BM is by far the least amount of core buttons, even though they have more overall than DH, BM just uses less for like 70% of your DPS and WW is I think the most core buttons.

Switch to destro lock. Easy as easy

Play a different class then. It doesn’t need to be nerfed just because you aren’t good.