Shadow Oil still blocked by the GCD in latest PTR

Shadow Oil is still blocked by the GCD on the PTR, I just tested 300 hits in a row with 0 procs while spamming Find Minerals to keep myself on the GCD. When I stopped spamming, it procced.

This is the same PTR version that has Nightfall, Hand of Rag, etc. now not being blocked by the GCD.

EDIT: Budtheweiser just tested on the PTR using the same method but for Frost Oil: 300 swings while spamming Find Minerals, 0 procs (despite 10% chance-on-hit). Thanks Bud!

8 Likes

I second this. It also has an internal cooldown of 10 seconds that goes against the tooltip of 15% chance to proc.

6 Likes

This is kind of painful…

Shadow/frost oil were the items I was most excited to get this bug fixed on.

6 Likes

Bump and agree. ICD and GCD terrible, but at least it seemed the GCD was going away.

Now its still just bleh

4 Likes

I don’t mind the game keeping the ICD on Shadow Oil to resemble the original game since the ICD is not thesame as the GCD issue and I can list many items in 1.12 that have internal cooldowns but some things like the GCD issue are just overboard. Things like the GCD stopping the item. Now that you have fixed the GCD problem for Nightfall I see no reason why this shouldnt be fixed too. Like Ive already mentioned I dont mind if the ICD isnt fixed but the GCD was changed by you guys and it not being fixed for Shadow Oil goes against what you have done for Sulfuras and Nightfall. Please fix this. Thanks Blizzard! We know you can and are capable of anything! You guys work very hard for us. You deserve more. Stay safe.

The ICD shouldn’t be a thing either. Shadow bolt as a spell has just a GCD and it’s very short. Why should the item if it casts the same spell. Also… Dragon breath chili with a 10sec icd ? What the crap is that? It’s a 10min buff. Tbh they aired on the side of fun for hunters even tho their 8/8 tier gear stacks insanely with AP… And just gave them more AP from world buffs… Smh blizz devs please for the game that we hold near and dear to us fix the darn weapon oils.

Sincerely,
Someone who has loved this game since release 16 years ago.

There is a 10sec ICD on DBC it’s been confirmed since like phase 2. Like I said shouldn’t be the case even with that item. They over did the internal cooldowns and the GCDs and it’s kinda dumb. There’s no reason for it. It’s a lottery getting the procs as it is let alone the GCD and ICD built in makes zero sense to even have

Guys, you actually think blizzard is going to do something that would let paladins actually do more than just enough dps? Even if it would make the game better, blizzard wouldn’t want to step on toes just to benefit paladins. I feel sorry for all those warrior mains that are simply going to be abandoned if TBC comes along.

It’s not just for paladins buddy it’s all melee classes that use oils on weapons and DBC. There used to be unique builds that would rely on these items to work properly and we’re extremely fun to play but because these items behave this way those who want to play paladin and not be stuck healing just so they can get a raid spot a lot of times excluded completely. It just makes no sense to alienate a whole spec when they could be considered viable with a tweak of two or three items of which would take them maybe 10min to fix them to work properly

The 10-second ICD on Dragonbreath Chili was confirmed through wowlog filtering from Feral Druids, there has never been 2 proven Dragonbreath Chili procs within 10 seconds of each other. In fact, some of these logs turned up incredibly close margins such as 10.34 seconds gap between 2 procs, but no less. Also, there are about 2 dozen procs that have other verified and tested ICDs, and the Dragonbreath Chili was found in the datamine right next to them with the stated 10-second ICD.

Not to get too off-topic but I don’t remember reading anyone detailing practical usage of Shadow Oil or Dragonbreath Chili in my research of the 2004-2006 archives, and there was only one record of a change made to those items post-launch. Are you referring to a time in the Vanilla Beta when those were used more often?

Well Blizz aired on the side of fun for hunters… why not show pallys a little love too? whats the harm in that? there is no harm.

Oh I’m not saying it’s a bad idea, was just asking when people were using the Shadow Oil/Dragonbreath Chili Paladin build you were referring to

I don’t believe they got a lot of widespread use back then. It’s more just annoying that they fixed the GCD bug on all the weapons, but left it on the temporary enchants.

They would be reasonable options for rets if that weren’t there, without skyrocketing ahead of the others.

Now, if shadow oil had the ICD removed? That would overpower it.

I really don’t think it would overpower it. But it would make it so pallys close the gap on warriors a good bit.

It would overpower it in the sense that it becomes like 4x stronger than any of the other temporary weapon enchants.

The ICD was probably intended to be on there (although it makes the tooltip very misleading), but the GCD block on top of it just kills it.

i really doubt it would overpower it because most would still not use it with the exception of ret pallys and try hard warriors idk to me its a kick in the nuts. if it should have a ICD it shouldnt be 10sec maybe like 3 to 4 sec same with dragonbreath chili and shouldnt be blocked by GCD at all

Shadow oil would be stronger than SoR in a spelladin build if it didn’t have the ICD on it…

It would be really overpowered compared to every other temporary weapon enchant.

The GCD issue? That should be fixed along with the weapons getting fixed. It makes no sense that they were left out.

1 Like

How is it fair that spell batching gets changed and this doesnt, what I mean is how can the 400ms spell batching gets fixed to 10ms in 1.13.7 and this doesn’t.

This is a ridiculous thing to leave in the game along with skullflame shield not working via back procs.

Skullflame shield works fine on private servers

Shadow oil and frost oil aren’t affected by gather herbs on private servers. This is just silly.