Shadow mend and dungeon scaling

The dot from Shadow mend will absolutely demolish your tank if he’s super low level like between 10-15, it’s unhealable and the more you cast it the worse it gets. Disc is almost unplayable while dungeon spamming because of that.

5 Likes

Yes, this is still broken!

1 Like

Yep, still bugged…leveling an alt as disc, almost killed whole group with shadow mend dot lol. Not very fun.

1 Like

Pretty much this. Had whole group of lowbies in BC chromie time while nearing 50. Could only really heal via penance and shield them or I’d kill ‘em off. Tank questioned my healing and had to explain. Rerolled holy till I hit 50 cause of that…

Please fix :confused:

1 Like

I just had a tank quit my party because they were angry about my healing… and I was so confused… but it turned out I had ran into this same bug. I was a level 47 discipline priest killing a level 16 tank with shadow mend’s damage over time and not even realizing what was going on. Apparently it has been broken at least since Shadowlands launched.

This is a pretty massively game-breaking bug–it can make it basically entirely impossible to even play a discipline priest in any situation where a low level player needs lots of healing–is Blizzard looking into this?

1 Like

It isn’t broken though. It scales with your characters level and does damage to those it heals if they are in combat. It heals them initially for a bit, but then dots them with DoT effect. Don’t use it on low level characters if you out level them by much.