Shadow Crash and Green Soul Fire - Spell Effects

Heya! I’m just combining these two spells in a single post since they are “similar” issues, although the shadow crash one is much easier to solve, so let’s start with that one.

During the Pre-patch, once we got the new talents and the target-locked shadow crash, they had given the spell a visual update, which made it look great, as opposed to the flying low-poly spinning purple pyramid.

However, not long after, we got a patch that fixed something related to the spell tracking its target, as well as insanity shenanigans. As a weird side-effect to that, the shadow crash visual update was reversed, and surprisingly, I see no mention of it anywhere, it’s almost as if only I can see it for some reason.

I went into 11.0.5 to take a look and, well, it’s still the old spell effect. Could you guys please take a look into that? It just seems strange for the art team to go through the effort of actually making the new spell visual effects, only for it to go away because of some weird bug, and then never return – I’d imagine it’s not a terribly hard thing to fix.

Now, for Warlocks, namely Soul fire – specifically, soul fire when you have green fire. The spell visuals look extremely outdated, like, “straight out of classic WoW” levels of outdated. Is there a chance that it could be updated or, at the very least, pick a different, already-existing spell visual for it, one that looks a bit newer? You have done this with the regular soul fire (it’s just mage’s greater pyroblast), but at least greater pyroblast doesn’t look ancient.

It’d be nice to at least have something of the sorts for the green fire version. Hell, even just having it visually be Decimating Bolt from Maldraxxus would be great, even if it’s not the right shade of green.

Cheers!

2 Likes