Shadow BiS @ nothing

Does anyone else find Shadow priest in a super weird state? Not unkillable livelords like we once were, behind multiple classes in ST Damage, Behind multiple classes in Burst Damage, Behind most classes in AoE, Our multi-dotting is subpar. I feel like we’re just bad boomkins at this point.

Buff our sustain via-leech (VT/DP)
Bring back old Auspicious Spirits that procc’d on Crit
Make SWP & VT do A LOT more damage so our multi-dotting isn’t almost worthless.
We have ZERO interesting / super stong legendaries. Shadowflame Prism in PVE and Spehuz in PVP aren’t fun – Even Eternal Call of the Void would be more interesting if it wasn’t nerfed into the ground right after I made it early in the expac.

Shadow priest is also the most boring and absolutely most useless class in Torghast, I know most people hate Torg anyways, but on Rogue/Druid/Warlock/Monk/Mage I find some entertainment in trying to put together a build that makes me obnoxious. It’s PAINFUL on SP. and when I’m playing other classes I don’t bring shadow priests because they’re next to worthless.

I know shadow priests aren’t BAD I just miss BFA SP tbh… BFA SP with PTR Devouring Plague = :)))

1 Like

Umm, are we playing the same game? Have to get through fade, disperse, prayer, fade again, then swap, embrace, and you can self heal :confused:

Idk bruh, when I’m playing my sin rogue, feral, ww, I usually smesh on Shadow Priests unless they’re just flat out much better at the game than me and outgear me.

Bring back old voidform!
But honestly, you don’t want to be at the top. That gets you nerfed, as has already happened to spriest a couple times since 9.1. Better to be near the top instead so we’re safe from the nerf bat.

The 2nd devouring plague nerf was unnecessary. Before the nerf, spriest is at subtlety’s power level, very strong but not more justified for nerfs comparing to arms and balance. After the nerf you get a middle of the pack class who excels at nothing. There are a few classes that matches spriest’s single target(dare I say even before the nerf), many classes better at multi-target(most fights are either cleave or short spread cleaves), and everyone is better than spriest at burst aoe.

Spriest’s ST competitors just have so much more to offer. Assassin offers better cleaving, subtlely has better burst aoe, arcane, demo, and ret have MUCH better burst aoe, arms has MUCH better cleaving and MUCH better burst aoe, and finally you have boomy. All that is left for an spriest is the class fantasy, and hopefully it gets to keep PI to itself on some of the harder mythic progression fights. Just remember before 9.0.5, spriests are PIing affliction, fire on mythic sludgefist, and hunters on mythic SLG.

2 Likes

None of the nerfs were really justified when you look at how long Arms Warriors, Ret Paladins, Boomkins, Sub Rogues, Fire Mages were completely busted in PVP. and as far as PVE Content goes, I still don’t see why they’d need a nerf. See this is blizzards issue, they need to figure out that PVE and PVP need to be COMPLETELY separated. and when it comes to a PVE Stand point, you’re better off buffing poorly performing classes than nerfing the strong ones, unless they’re out of this world Overpowered, which shadow priest wasn’t.

3 Likes

This was a mistake if people were actually doing this, then? Unless you’re using twins, you shouldn’t ever PI anyone else. The raw DPS gain from your own PI out-does giving it to literally every other class, opener or not. At the point where you have your spriest PIing someone else, you need to have them using twins or should remove the priest entirely if you’re min/maxing.

I do torghast in holy cause shadow sucks got a few flawless runs as holy

I had a 50k DPS run of Holy the other day while still being the Healer for a party of 5.

If we could convert one shadow priest a day to holy, I think god would be very happy

I prefer the convert to the dark-side approach.

I miss MoP Spriest the most tbh.

Give me back mindspike, spectral guise and most importantly, prayer of mending/flash heal (so I can heal while shadow locked. Shadowmend is awful for the spriest toolkit imo).

6 Likes

Double stack surge of darkness mind spikes>devouring plague>instant mind blast>DP again with a shadow word death snipe = the best fun of all time