Shado-Pan shouldn't be hero spec

Stay vocal. Because you’re right.

It can be justified but only via ret-cons and ignoring their own lore, which Blizzard has done before but shouldn’t be a norm.

Technically, the Monks from Pandaria are from the Temple of the White Tiger. Shado-Pan is essentially a Rogue group. In fact, Lorewalkers are closer to Monks than some of the other factions and yet we’re still getting a “Master of Harmony” instead. Shado-Pan screams “pet project” mixed with “minimum viable product”.

Here is another post I did earlier (go to the second section specifically about Shado-Pan being an error to attribute to Monk).

Shortened link, no embed

I also agree with trying to identify themes of Monk, and have been saying that for some time. There’s a lack of conducive clarity around “What even is this class” that the back-and-forth of failing to define the class fantasy is one of the most frustrating elements. From zookeepers to wind wizards to fists of fury to jk nobody likes channeling that, it’s not really clear what defines the class.

To me, the focus are the themes of Monk, which are Martial Arts, Celestial Blessings, and Chi Magic. I think the hero talents try to point to that, but expose their own failure in knowing their own game design.

2 Likes