Sha and Nalak mounts

While it is nice that those who were able to take advantage of the bug and get those mounts. It is really discouraging for those of us that have a few thousand kills on these bosses.

Feel like this is a good time to bring up bad luck protection for mounts again.

26 Likes

It’s very easy bug to track down since it only lasted for a small period and it was only widespread for a smaller part of a day. The mounts should be removed from the people who got it. It’s too rare of a mount and it took 0 effort to abuse said bug.

There could be an argument, “Well what if they had looted it normally.” Well, we’ll never know because the only item on the loot table for those classes was the mount. It’s not a fair comparison and it rewards exploiting(I can promise a large majority of players who got it didn’t just “stumble” upon the bug. I’m not even a mount collector and it’s just not fair to let the mounts be kept due to the rarity of them.

11 Likes

Mounts should either be removed from the players who benefited from this, or the drop rate of these mounts should finally be buffed once and for all, especially to compensate for this mistake on Blizzard’s end.

I find it utterly absurd that some of the most rare obtainable mounts got into the hands of some people for free. Some people literally spent hours reaching actual thousands of attempts on these bosses to get these mounts (and may not even have them still).

3 Likes

Items and Rewards

• The drop chances for Son of Galleon’s Saddle, Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, Reins of the Cobalt Primordial Direhorn, Reins of the Thundering Cobalt Cloud Serpent, and Solar Spirehawk have been greatly increased.

While excited to see this, I would love some clarity on “greatly increased”

3 Likes

Because we could just say " The mount chance is now doubled" however double of .01 is just .02

3 Likes

We’ll most likely never know the actual numbers since Blizzard doesn’t publicly release them, but in my case, I’ll be farming those bosses until DF and see if I can get lucky!

Thanks for the changes. It should’ve happened a long time ago, but glad it’s finally here. I can get behind drop rates around 1/100, but drops like the world bosses were terribly too low. It’s unhealthy to expect players to kill the same bosses thousands of times to see expected results.

I’m hoping similar changes are also coming to the X-45 Heartbreaker which is making a return in a couple of months.

7 Likes

Some people told it’s like 10%.

52 shots this week with bonus rolls and nothing. Again defining “greatly” would be amazing OR change it to a daily lockout instead of a weekly

4 Likes

60 Sha Kills for me this week and nothing, however I did get the mount from Rukhmar in Draenor this week after 46 Kills. I have seen a lot of people with the mounts now so it has increased, just not sure by how much

1 Like

I had 3,000 kills on Sha, and 2,400 kills on Rukhmar. None of my world boss mounts were obtained sub-1000 kills. I’m VERY happy the mount drop rate was increased. I love seeing more players on these GORGEOUS mounts. The content came out 8-10 years ago, doesn’t need to be gatekept by abysmal drop rates.

Yes, agree wholeheartedly. More needs to be done than: “haha oh ok I guess we will increase this from a 0.3% to a 1% drop 10 years later because of a bug with Dracthyr, oopsie!” in regards to these mounts.

Still no word on what they’re doing as far as “looking in to” holiday mount drops, either. I know several people who still didn’t get their HH mount this past Hallow’s End, and with Love Rocket/X-45 on the horizon, the outlook isn’t great.

5 Likes

Yeah, post-buff galleon took me 30 attempts and Nalak took me 42. I don’t think the majority of players have more than 6 characters above 50, so people like you and me with an alt army are outliers.

3 Likes