Severely frustrated with inaccurate GMs with ongoing issue

First off its frustrating supplying detailed information, then having to wait a couple days for response, then having that response not address the issue, then detailing everything specifically so there can be no confusion, only to have a new GM step in, contradict the other GM with more incorrect information. Having a noticeable wait time and then new people deal with information between is a terrible way to deal with an issue. Why is it that when you still have an issue you are forced into a web ticket only option, rather than being able to directly deal with an agent so misunderstandings can be clarified instantly without having to wait days for a new person with no prior association with the issue to then have new issues understanding it?

Sounds like there may be too much information in the ticket. Keeping it simple has in my experience been the route to a resolution.

8 Likes

Also, what’s the issue that you’re ticketing them about? We can help guide you to an answer or help you better phrase it for the GMs.

1 Like

Honestly wanted to keep the thread about how the CS methods bouncing between numerous GMs with long waits inbetween and without the ability to select a live agent is a poor design. I don’t think my wording in my tickets is the issue. But for what its worth here you are: Self-recruting for RAF. Month 1, I referred myself 4 accounts and put a month on each. Got all 4 rewards, everything fine. Wait for each account’s game time to expire. Month 2, put a month all 4 again, and then referred a new account (so 5 months). Got 5 new rewards for a total of 9. Everything fine. Wait for all game time to expire. This month, I put a month each on 3 of the accounts, all expired game time, I only get 2 rewards.

I wait 3 days like the support article says to make sure CC payment is OK (even though 2/3 rewards worked). Put a ticket in, wait a day, GM says “I see you have an unclaimed reward, but you can’t claim it until next month 'cuz you can’t claim 2 rewards in a month”. I respond “But I wait for each month to expire before adding a new month to avoid this exact issue, here is a breakdown of the months:”

New GM replies “You never bought 4 months the first month, so you have 11/12 because you only bought 3 months in the first month”. I reply that its demonstrably false because I received all 4 rewards correctly first month. I never had an issue until this final month, so the problem can’t be in the first couple months anyway. This GM a) provides false information b) contradicts the former GM who says he can see an unclaimed reward c) ignored my actual issue saying there’s no reward in game for me to claim

This forum is more of a help desk to help you get help. It’s not really an avenue for feedback. If you want to leave feedback on those GMs or support policies, the ticket survey is your best bet.

As for your issue, the new Recruit a Friend is a very new program, so it wouldn’t surprise me if there’s some confusion. I’d reopen again and include order IDs and dates just so that they have a shared point of reference, from the sound of it (unless a Blue wants to step in and clarify!)

2 Likes

Fair enough, I thought the CS support forum would be the ideal place to discuss customer support practices. You’d probably know better than me where would be the best place to provide feedback? wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com? As there is no surveys I can complete at the moment, I guess they open up after the issue is dealt with eventually?

As for my issue, I included the order dates and stuff, to avoid any issues and for clarity. But now I’m being told I need to include detailed information when I should’ve been providing basic and simple. I guess I can’t win!

:wink:

You want to include all of the relevant details, but you want them as concise and clear as possible. For the order details, for example, a list would probably be best, like so:

First month, all rewards obtained
Order1, date1
Order2, date2
Order3, date3
Order4, date4

Second month, etc.

Keep the data grouped and easy to read. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I clarified the survey issue in an edit which you must not have been updated before your response :slight_smile: And yep, that’s how I structured my ticket. Seems like I’ve done it all correctly and just need to wait for a GM who understands the issue correctly.

Poop. Yeah, I missed that edit. xD

The survey won’t pop up until you mark the ticket as resolved, yeah. As for the list, then I’d just reopen and clarify as best you can, while still being concise. The GMs are great at what they do, but they’re only human - and, like I said, the reward system this time around is super complex. I honestly have a super hard time wrapping my head around it!

1 Like

Thanks for your quick responses! I’ve reopened it and tried to break it down it for the next GM. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No prob! That’s what we’re here for; we all like to help our fellow WoW geeks. ^.^

1 Like

We do try to keep cases and Game Masters together when possible. It’s a bit easier when the wait time is lower. Due to varying schedules, the Game Master who handles your ticket may not be in the office to handle your reply. In these situations, we don’t want to make you wait longer just because a specific Game Master is unavailable… especially during the holidays when Game Masters may be taking extended vacations.

Generally speaking, our live channels tend to be reserved for more immediate concerns like technical support - or account support for issues that are preventing access to the game.

In the past, our live channels would fill up with people calling about item restorations or character undeletions. Then people who needed help getting back into their account, or that had connection/crashing type of issue wouldn’t be able to reach us. So in-game issues like this that aren’t necessarily preventing you from playing the game wouldn’t really be priorities for live channels.

I don’t say that to try and brush aside your issue. I just want to try and explain the logistics of how we try to operate and our experience with opening channels for all types of issues.

As for the issue being reported with your Recruit a Friend, I am not entirely sure what is causing it. I can see the 3 months you applied to the WOW account but our system is only showing 2 - with 1 pending being granted. As far as I know, it should have been granted by now but there is nothing we can do to force it.

A handful or examples of this have been sent along to the WoW developers because this is a new system and we want to make sure we report any oddities before we try touching anything… I can say from experience that if we do something without first getting the go-ahead from the developers, it can cause more problems. Hopefully it gets granted on its own and no additional intervention is required, otherwise we’ll likely need to wait for the developers to identify whatever issues causes it and get that fixed first.

(I know I’m implying here that there is a bug, but I want to be clear that I cannot make that determination myself. Something definitely seems up, but it won’t be officially considered a bug until the WoW team says so)

8 Likes

Thanks for your response, I didn’t realize that same GMs get assigned the continuing ticket where possible, so that’s great to know! :slight_smile:

In response to the issue, yeah that sounds more like what the first GM was saying. For what its worth, my husband is having the same issue, but his first month didn’t apply at all (Spug@Stormrage for reference), so he stopped trying and is stuck at 9/12 instead of 10/12. His GM said to wait a bit longer. We used different CCs. Perhaps multiple accounts on the same IP trying to add game times at the same time? Though I’m not sure that has any relevance.

Should I cancel my current ticket and just wait? I don’t want to waste a GMs time looking into an issue that might cause more headaches?

3 Likes

I have 5 accounts I have been keeping active. I haven’t run into an issue of the rewards not coming up but I will say when I’m adding gametime Ive been adding to one licence, waiting till I get the confirmation email then adding to another. Sometimes when your bank gets multiple charges that are the same it can stall/not recognise the charge. So it may need a reversal push from the bank. (when I worked at the bank we’d see charges on a card but it wouldn’t have any auth details even though it was registering on the account) so that might be something as well. I’m sure Blizz will work it out for you. I know the wait is frustrating but it is holiday time so id imagine they are running on a skeleton crew

You can if you wish. I don’t know what will come of the conversation with the WOW developers yet… With everyone out for holidays, things slow down a bit until the new year. But what you described for your husband does match some of the examples in the case we sent to them.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for your help! I’ve cancelled it and see if it resolves itself by the time the game time expires :slight_smile:

6 Likes

No problem, thank you for your thoughts/feedback as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes