Severe issue with Awakened Crests (from containers)

On the PTR and now on Retail we have several S4 Crest containers rewarding wrong Crest currencies.

They are rewarding Awakened Crests with a proper name, but the wrong CurrencyID (e.g. 2805 instead of 2806, both named Whelpling’s Awakened Crest).

The wrong ones (e.g. 2805) are hidden in the currency tab, not eligible for upgrades, but don’t count towards our weekly cap. Seems to be some copy&paste remains of former Crests that ignored the weekly/seasonal cap.

Examples of containers with these wrong currencies:

• Keg-Stamped Coin vendor
  • Vaskarn S4 Flightstone intro quest
  • probably Vaskarn S4 Crest downtrade (even after the hotfix to replace the wrong Dreaming Crests with Awakened for the purchases)

Guess it should also be checked if this is causing the issues players reported with the auto-conversion of higher-rank Crests into the next lower rank when they are capped (maybe that conversion is also creating the wrong CurrencyID or still S3 currencies!).

Should be fixed immediately and the wrong ones being refunded somehow.

2 Likes

Yes, I just bought a ‘Pouch of Whelpling’s Awakened Crests’ from Vaskarn, and whilst it said in my log that I received them when I opened the pouch, they are nowhere to be found - can’t be used to upgrade, and these aren’t even showing in my currency tab. They just disappeared. Very disappointing, and I hope Blizz refund these when they fix this.

1 Like

I assume you did that before the hotfix? When it was working with your old S3 Drake’s Dreaming Crests? Or did you already trade down S4 Drake’s Crests into Whelp’s? :eyes:

I just did a dungeon and since I am capped on drakes I got whelp instead, but got the old ones from season 3 :frowning:

It may be a copy & paste job, but these differing versions actually worked in season 3 from my own experience (which is to say, the uncapped versions still got added to the total in the currency tab and were usable on upgrades). Sounds like they just didn’t validate that the s4 versions were properly working the same.