Setting up my Allied Race alt army

I’m going to focus on the Horde one for a minute as I have absolutely no earthly idea what to make the Alliance Allied races what.

Now back when I was leveling for heritage I had
Mag’har Hunter
Highmountain Warrior
Zandalari Paladin
Nightborne Mage
Vulpera Rogue

Now I’ve long since deleted them to make room during the great shuffle of… whatever year my insanity was at it’s peak. Anyway I’m wondering what classes to make them. I know I’m fine with Nightborne and Vulpera remaining as they are but well I guess I was thinking about going what the character select screen initially offers.

Mag’har Warrior
Highmountain Hunter
Zandalari Shaman

Thing is, I already have an Orc Warrior and Shaman so I figure why not Hunter to mix things up, problem being Highmountain has deep roots in Hunter in the Survival artifact.
Zandalari is Zandalari. Like I don’t know which would fit more. Shaman of the Loa or Holy Zealot of the Loa.

2 Likes

Silly enough, I think the trading post is very convincing for Highmountain hunter and Zandalari shaman. :mag::robot:

Hunter:

Shaman:

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, why not a Zandalari or Highmountain Druid?

2 Likes

He just didn’t want to Dru-it.

3 Likes

I mean, the thought had crossed my mind. I guess I just can’t remove myself from the days of when only Night Elf and Tauren could be druids. Also I already have a Tauren Druid.

Huh, when was this?

3 Likes

That’s fair. I think Zandalari do have some of the most unique forms for Druids though, but that’s not necessarily going to be a sell for everyone. I was mostly curious why two of the Horde’s races which can be Druids, weren’t being considered for that class in your list.

As has been said above, however, Zandalari shaman have some nice options from the trading post.

1 Like

You’re not wrong, I’m personally happy using the artifact forms myself. Still both they and the Kul’Tirans do have nice forms.

2 Likes

Some time ago. :spiral_calendar::robot:

1 Like

Oh right, we never got the green orb mage one though did we?

3 Likes

I think that one was only for warlocks, even though it says mage. It would be weird for a mage to have it if that was the case.

1 Like

Not yet, probably see which class set we see in march. :hourglass_flowing_sand::robot:

Some sneak peeks into the trading post have a few witch sets. :robot::magic_wand:

edit: Could still go for a zandalari shaman. Heh. :mage:

1 Like

Eh, I mean if we’re going through pure technicality Kael’thas was a Mage first and had the Green Orbs. Course he was an Epic Hero so I guess you could say he was both Mage and Warlock.

I feel I need to elaborate one little detail. I pretty much already have an alt of every class on Feathermoon. All base races. I’m just toying with the idea of adding additional “Allied” races mainly to run gold WQs.

2 Likes

Druid is the best fit for a Zanda, IMO.

As for the rest:

Great choice, I did the same.

I think regular Tauren are better Warriors, but this is not a bad idea.

I get it, but again, there are better Hunters. Give Shaman a try for Highmountain. I felt like mine was a good fit.

Interesting choices. Again, I get it, but I still think Druid fits them best.

I had a tough time with Vulpera, TBH. Strictly talking DPS, they are the worst race in almost every available spec. As for “theme”, Shaman is kinda interesting, as is Hunter. Rogue is iffy, IMO, though Outlaw kinda feels right for them. I went Hunter with mine and I don’t regret that decision. I feel like the “camp” ability makes it make sense to be a Hunter.

Zero disagreement here. Mage fits perfectly for them, I made mine Arcane for the theme. I feel like the three casters are their best options (though I might entertain a Hunter eventually just for giggles).

Void Elf: Monk (Source: Trust me, bro) (alternatively, you could go Warlock)

Mecha: Warrior or DK (Hunters are fun as well, but I’m told mechanical pets suck for Hunters in general so if you were looking for a “theme” there are better Hunter options)

Dark Iron: Shaman, Warrior or DK (All three benefit from the racials in some way and thematically all fit pretty well).

1 Like

Yea back in the day I made a Mechagnome Hunter for Heritage. He too was sacrificed to the cruel deletion gods.

Chances are if I made another Mechagnome I’d probably make him a Hunter as Tinker/Artificer probably will never be a thing and having a Mechanical pet while firing a gun is probably the closest I can get to that sort of fantasy.

Also I probably wouldn’t be playing him seriously. If anything, he’d be relegated to WQ gold duty and just looking neat.

I will admit, out of all the totem models in the game. Highmountain is downright my favorite.

I mean really Make camp can work with any class I feel as Vulpera as a race are about roughing it in the wilderness. Being small and crafty works well with the Rogue aesthetic and having a Scout who can slip behind enemy lies and remain self-sufficient would be ideal.

Anyway I’ll consider your suggestions.

2 Likes

OH! I forgot one.

Lightforged: Paladin.

Warrior or DK could work because of the Blacksmithing racial. Priest could work because of the “Light” theme.

I made a Mage and a Rogue, both for giggles. I play the Mage as Fire, and it sorta works, though I feel like the BS racial is wasted. I haven’t played the Rogue as much, but again, wasted racial IMO.

Again, by the numbers, LF doesn’t do very well. They are “middle of the road” or worse on almost every spec.

1 Like

Guess I could try Female Lightforged out instead of male for Pally.

This is kind of why I like FFXIV more. It really doesn’t matter what race you pick. There aren’t any make or break racials. Just go with whatever is visually satisfying.

1 Like

To be fair, the races in this game are about the same. The “edge” is slight for a few races so for the most part you can pick any race and do just fine.

The difference is that there are slight differences in WoW races that make some a little better than others in certain situations.

1 Like

I used to have Ztroll shaman, but rerolled to Paladin. No regrets.

Ztroll Paladins are much better than skinny elf or smelly bull.

1 Like

Coming back to this, I’ve often caught myself thinking of swapping the classes of my Undead and Blood Elf purely because of how much “Blood Mage” dips in the Warlock fantasy. I mean yea they are just fire mages but I cannot get out of my mind the description of Blood Mages back in WC3. And it’d make sense in a lore context. The Blood Elf Warlock, in his grief and anger, contracts infernal powers to get revenge against the Scourge, never thinking of the price he’d have to pay for those powers.

Honestly it’s part of the reason I kind of want Mages to have access to Green Fire as well. I mean the Man’ari Eredar in that unlock quest was a Fire Mage using green fire.

Figure I’d pop in real quick as I remembered one “small” gripe I have with Tauren Shaman. Casting animation. More specifically the visual for Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning/Chain Healing. The animation is fine it’s just… having the tauren throw both hands in front and the spell coming only from one hand just triggers my OCD like nothing else.

1 Like