Set bonuses in next patch

Nooooooope. Nothing about the gameplay of any spec in BfA is worth bringing back. Trash expansion should stay in the past. Bag WoD all you like, but at least pretty much every spec in the game was good to play.

I’d love that option, but the thought of levelling and gearing any other toon just feels bad. Awful linear zones with awful quest lines and uninteresting factions, having to do covenant campaigns, run dungeons and lfr for gear. Nope. Big nope there.

Yep. The worst-performing raid spec is seeing the smallest gains from the dual-legendary and tier sets. At this rate they’re going to have to give Frost another 10% buff in 9.2.5 just to keep it competitive with any other spec.

2 Likes

They are reworking other tier sets, they should do the same with us.

I did not like Glacial Spike gameplay in BFA, it didn’t feel right to ignore IL; but at least players could chose between two builds, and with the IL build TV and Ray of Frost were viable. Now everything is about IV.

2 Likes

Initial numbers put Frost 4 PC at like a ~5% buff, which is a bit weak given how most specs get like 8-9%+ from their tier set (Arcane & Fire mage included). So I do hope they rework it. Ideally something not tied in with IV uptime.

1 Like

Frost is at maximum at 5%. This does not account for the loss of winter chills procced furry which does more damage than the comet storm, the very high potential for comets to miss targets, and the incredibly high probability for comet storm to proc at the wrong time. Essentially, this set has to hit PERFECT to be a 5% buff, while fire’s buff is more like 15% and arcane is around 8-10%.

Like my suggestion wayyy above, instead of having the set focus around around the weak IV and just giving a dmg increase in IV, which is a horrible 4-piece bonus, implement the free GS and the 4 piece all it to shatter. This fills the hole in the rotation between IV and frozen orb cds as well as allowing us to have a little control over the proc.

Blizz really needs to rework it. Scrap it and start anew. Because even with buffs, the very core of it being revolved around IV is just terrible, PLUS the implementation and high probability of the proc being completely useless in every situation other than a standstill fight.

1 Like

I don’t honestly think any of that is reasonable.

Honestly, you are right. Even with absolute best min/max Frost’s bonus is quite underwhelming. Definitely not worth the effort especially how the Fire bonus is at worst like a +11% increase & Frost’s best is 5% (ST gains).

2 Likes