Servers That Do More Than Boosting?

Are there any servers out there, either Horde or Alliance, that actually do dungeon runs or is it all just boosting now? I’m not talking about end-game dungeons though I mean like the ones you do while leveling. I find it so hard wanting to make an alt when, in all the servers I play on, it’s borderline impossible to find an actual group for a dungeon now since it seems everything went boost.

5 Likes

Its pretty much every server but find a big server, Herod, Whiteman, Fairlina, and your odds will improve

1 Like

All of them.

Just go into LFG and type “LFM for X.” Then wait.

1 Like

and then wait some more

11 Likes

Arcanite Reaper is a small West Coast PVP Server that has a very active community that seem to want to level the right way and doesn’t partake in endless boosting, I guess all the boosters didn’t find it worth their time because the server is small so they’ve abandoned it for the larger ones like Fairlina, Herod, Whitemane, etc. IF your looking to level and do early Raid Tier Progression (MC/BWL/Ony) This is a great server to come to, there are a handful of guilds (Alliance side) which are very helpful and have many characters across different level ranges to aid you in your journey. Seek out people from (Time is Money) or (Squad Goals) or (Archon) and begin your leveling like it was in Vanilla…IF you are looking to Play the Auction House and get Rich…this isn’t the server for you as the economy is pretty weak and only a handful of items sell on the AH, Most craft-able items however can be found by just asking in LFG channel or trade channel as this server is full of very helpful people!

Good Luck in your Journey,

-Hollow

4 Likes

I’ve read this a lot, but my experience the past few days has been very different!

3 Likes

boosting is the meta. dont ask players to intentionally take longer to accomplish the same goal. unless blizzard wants to change wow classic, it will always be this way.

Boosting ads are rampant on any server, but they are by and large the vocal minority. Just post in lfg chat that you are forming a run of X and you’ll get plenty of people whispering you…especially if you are a tank or healer.

1 Like

I’m hand leveling a priest right now and I’ve seen many groups forming for non boosted dungeons. You just gotta look

100% not herod
all you have are boosters. I personally don’t mind, though I am a mage so im biased.

but dont roll herod expecting to find many people doing 5mans and questing

2 Likes

You mean, you’re not seeing somebody else taking on the leadership role and advertising? That may be true, but that doesn’t mean nobody wants to run dungeons, normally. Ask, and you shall receive :slight_smile:

1 Like

I managed to level this character on Atiesh by finding a few folks willing to do the dungeons. Mind you, this was far more difficult than it’s ever been. Before Phase 5, finding people to do dungeons was easy. Now it’s like pulling teeth.

I’m currently leveling a Horde alt on Atiesh and, so far, nothing. Everyone is boosting.

Overall, I don’t like it. It makes for a very exclusive environment, unfriendly to new players. This also incentivizes the RMT market because newer people or returning people want to do Naxx but they don’t want to slog through the older content in order to get there. So, they spend money on gold and pay for boosts and eventualy pay for loot through GDKP when it comes to raids.

Pagle and Mankrik for sure

2 Likes

And here I was thinking the goal was to fully immerse yourself in a game and have fun. Not to AFK while someone else plays.

8 Likes

Having it take hours to find a group for mid-level dungeons is true to the vanilla experience.

1 Like

boosting is too widespread. you can still find dungeon groups, but some are harder than others or takes longer. I have not seen a single RFD/RFK run group ever.

i wish they killed boosting exp so that it would be more play, and less boost.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know what happened. This is not the Classic base that was in these forums beforehand.

it was all about he joy of a meaningful levelling process, the removal of streamlining and QoL changes, and immersing ourselves in a game that was more than a raid simulator.

Quite how we got from there to boosting is beyond me.

5 Likes

We got here cause the thought of what you’re describing is a lot different than the reality. A lot of people in this game thought they could recreate the feelings they had from 16 years ago, but they started playing and realized they don’t have the time or don’t want to put in the effort. They just want to play the “fun” parts of the game. Same reason why you’re seeing so many bots. Nobody wants to farm gold cause that’s boring. They’d rather buy it since it seems like nobody is getting banned for doing so.

I’m currently leveling a Horde alt. He’s in his 30s right now. When I was questing around his mid-20s, I found an SFK group, but everyone there was just hitching a ride with a guy who was farming blue BoEs.

I couldn’t even find a legit group for RFC. I thought we had one at first, but the guy leading the group was like, “I have a level 60 Mage coming.”

A carry it is, then.

I have yet to see anyone call for any sub-50 instances. No calls for BFD, RFK, RFD, Gnomer, Uldaman, or ZF.

Funny thing is, someone was calling for an ST group the other day and people in LFG told him it was a waste of time. “There’s nothing good in there.” That never bothered me. For me, it was about the culmination of several quests and quest chains ranging from Tanaris to Hinterlands.

And Mara? So many people boost Mara and LFG gets flooded with all sorts of colorful advertisements for it. I don’t even know if anyone actually runs Mara regularly anymore, let alone consider it an actual instance where you…play the game. Right now I feel lucky to have even completed the scepter quest. I’m not sure how many other players will ever get that chance if everyone is paying for boost and nobody is willing to run the instance the old-fashioned way.

3 Likes

vs

“and here i was thinking dur de dur dur durrrrr”