Server still feels kind of dead…

i was carelessly running around hillsbrad foothills and did not run into any alliance.
i am a little worried about continuing leveling on this server.

If I have to reroll, i’m done. lol

I ran around Hillsbrad saw plenty of Horde…you play the higher pop faction. Sure, you’re going to see less of the opposing faction. I have been in Desolace for the past week and had no issues finding Horde or Alliance. However, it depends on the time of day you’re logging and the day itself.

It’s an EST server so the high times will revolve around more EST hours. And I’d say the early zones are emptying out a bit as most people are level 40+ from what I’ve seen. Some with alts and some starting new too. If you want full server experience play on them, but then you have to deal with the queues and over camped nodes. Not worth my time and of that I have little on weekdays.

1 Like

Yeah then you get to Tanaris and it’s just packed with Alliance. The server is fine in my opinion. Could use a little more sure, but once layering gets shut off I bet the picture will be painted differently.

Plenty of people on when I play. Not a dead server at all.

I have a 53 lock and 30 shaman. The lock leveled to around the mid 40s on herod. The shaman has purely leveled on Earthfury (EF). The experience on EF has been 10x better. And that is for questing, grinding, instancing, and world pvp.

I was a day 1 vanilla player on a high pop server. EFs numbers seem comparable. Maybe slightly fewer. Herod is not comparable as in Herod every mob is always dead. Vanilla was never like that.

Why is EF better?

1. Better pvp. The faction balance is close to 50/50. I don’t feel like crap when I engage alliance. Both sides have numbers. While I don’t attack alliance on sight, when we do fight the numbers are sometimes in their favor and sometimes in mine.

2. Better questing and grinding. On Herod, I tried to instance whenever I could. Open world play was annoying. Every layer was camped. Every mob was contested. Questing took forever. Instancing was the only practical choice.

3. Better dungeon groups. On Herod, most groups were with randoms. Groups were slightly easier to find during off hours but I rarely met the players again. On EF, I run more stuff with new friends I have met in instances. The people I meet aren’t anonymous as there aren’t that many layers or numbers for that matter. I feel more comfortable not doing pure guild groups here than on Herod.

4. People aren’t anonymous. I hit on this above. The bottom line is there are enough people for the world to feel alive, but not enough where you don’t get to know people. You will run into the same people at ZF, Mara, ST, and BRD. You will recognize the same alliance that ganked you in STV when in Searing Gorge so you can repay the favor. This is the vanilla experience. Not an anonymous mega server where everyone is on a different layer.

EF has a downside. It dies out a bit during off hours. Not enough where you cannot find a group, but LFG gets noticeably less active. This is normal for vanilla servers back in the day as well. And yes, if people quit en mass, EF could have issues. But when Layering is turned off, Herod will have issues too. And I am here to have fun now and not be stuck in a queue for 5 hours just because of a possible risk that may never materialize.

6 Likes

Off peak times there is a definitely a dip in activity but just find yourself a guild to do stuff with. There ALOT of good guilds here on EF so you should be able to find something that fits your schedule.

EF is going to great for Phase 2!

1 Like

Hey all, if I could figure out a way to edit or delete my original post I would. The server definitely is lower pop, and at off-peak hours it can be difficult finding a group, but my overall experience has actually been great. Logansilver said it best with his post:

Thanks all, I’ll see you in game :grinning:

3 Likes

Server’s not dead, it’s pretty amazing actually. Lots of horde, lots of alliance around. And the best, no god damned queues.

3 Likes

theres 17 people in orgrimmar right now…

1 Like

Lol bruh you posted before 8am est on a Wednesay. Of course it’s low then. Go outside or enjoy the non-camped gathering mats and farm/quest spots during very off-peak hours.

3 Likes

Earthfury is a dadserver, so at 7:00AM most dads are out there working to help feed their families.

6 Likes

The removal of one letter never felt so perfect. Dadserver for sure.

2 Likes

Dig it being a dad server I have a 9yr old and a 4 month old totally glad I switched

1 Like

Early mornings on an Eastern Standard Time server

This should be easy to understand. If you’re not EST or jobless/student then that’s the time to farm mats and level up. Most of us are working or at school at 8/9AM.

I hear ya, I have a 4 1/2 gal. We’re all dads here.

2 Likes

Not a dad but I like my dadserver. Earthfury ftw. Zoomers keep out.

2 Likes

Another Dad checking in while taking a break from dad things.

1 Like

Well, me and my friend transferred this afternoon so you can count two more :stuck_out_tongue:

Only thing dead on this server are the horde that tried to gank me.

I have no regrets for transferring to Earthfury from Skeram. It is not a dead server. Plenty of people and now with layering gone, there are even more people on my screen.
Can you imagine being on a server with 20K players and no layering?
Transfer to Earthfury if you get the chance! Great server, great community.

2 Likes