Server Sharding and RP

So can anyone explain to me why Plunderstorm and Hearthstone Demanded all players be sharded into fifteen different layers? I can understand dealing with overcrowding but the Hearthstone event was just a small event, as is this Plunderstorm Holiday. Additionally, why are servers still sharded for Plunderstorm? People can’t see their friends or RP like they normally would and it seems like a genuine annoyance to the Roleplay community and people who wish to engage with the game in its social aspects. As far as I can tell all this Plunderstorm stuff is happening on its own servers, why do they have to Shard the normal retail ones?

1 Like

Very likely, yes.

1 Like

They frequently forget to turn sharding back off after it’s turned on for a release or event. I suspect they don’t actually need or intend to shard RP servers for Plunderstorm but rather forgot to turn the sharding off after the Hearthstone anniversary.

1 Like

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

1 Like

It’s imperative that when you turn everything off, you wait the full 3 minutes before turning everything back on again.

Here, go post into tech support and let’s see if it gets their attention any quicker:

2 Likes