Server Queue Times: Not real since 2014

Zenimax and Bathesda launched Elder Scrolls online in 2014 with a single massive server that can host nearly unlimited players with zero queues.

Yet your players are in queue for 1-2+ hours every evening trying to play your game.

In 2008 queue times were legitimate and understandable.

In 2022, they mean you’ve failed.

Please fix this. We’re providing you with the money to do so by paying for a service that we cannot access.

The most common answer to this problem is “If you don’t want queue times, play on low population servers.”
So rather than demanding better from Blizzard, we’re told that we need to limit the number of players we play with in a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER online roleplaying game.

I guess the relative definition of “massively” hasn’t aged well in this case.

45 Likes

Basically wrote the same thing on the CC forums.

It’s just unacceptable in 2022.
I’d love to believe it’s not just plain and simple greed, but Occam’s razor says it is.

28 Likes

Yeah agreed , When there’s an influx of players like this blizzard should fix the problem by that day or the next and not just make people switch to lower population servers… They just don’t want to put any money into the classic project because people don’t really pay blizzard for it. Classic is free aslong as you have shadowlands.

3 Likes

i pay my $15 a month for classic

7 Likes

I play on Fearlina , Sitting in a 6000 person que atm. The only servers you can transfer to are the following : Sulfuras (800 Player Pop All horde) & Old Blancy (357 Player Pop split)

Its sad when blizzards fix is so bad people would rather sit in a 6000 person que for hours just to play on a faction imbalanced and laggy server then use a free character migration to a crappy server.

6 Likes

So, I just got hyped by the news of the pre patch… and already want a refund.
How can I enjoy my game time, if I have to wait 1-2 hours to simply log?
Seriously thinking if its worth speding money…

If enough people went to these lower pop servers they wouldn’t be lower pop. Ya’ll want the convivence of one sided mega servers without the downsides.

1 Like

Seriously?
As the dude said above, 18k online players shouldn’t be a problem to handle, given the load of money that blizzard have.

So, instead of improving the servers to maximize the capacity of players, WE should move and struggle to another servers with low pop? Yeah, sounds right.

9 Likes

I was on a low pop server then was forced off because of consolidation now I’m on grobb with a 2 hour que unable to play my high level toons. I mean sure I could make a new toon and start over on a new server but that’s not the service we pay for every month. Fix the population issues this is bs you knew it was going to happen. You forced consolidation …so fix the pop issue since you pushed us all to a place that can no longer sustain us. If you can’t figure it out hire someone who can…

7 Likes

You aren’t wrong.

This is a solution to lower Q times that exists. Just because you dont like it doesn’t mean it isn’t there. If players hadn’t globbed onto servers in the way they did we wouldn’t be having this issue.

2 Likes

If half the people in the 5000+ server queues were to take the migrations to these low pop servers, those low pop servers would have a healthy population.

2 Likes

Right, i could agree with you too… IF it wasn’t a paid game AND IF it didn’t impact on my experience.

4 Likes

Not saying its directly your fault for anything, but players condensing themselves into 4ish servers killed off other servers because of player actions. Player actions can fix this easier than blizz could but players wont.

They want the convivence of a mega server without the downsides.

2 Likes

Benediction is at 12k queue currently. Tested the other two dead server options listed. Guess we sit and wait.

Exactly.

Blizzard: We’re going to save money by running servers which result in q times and can’t handle the stress.

AND we’re going to make additional revenue from all the people who transfer back to the megaservers after the hype wears off and the medium pop server they took a free transfer to dies!

BRILLIANT!

5 Likes

“There’s a queue at that nice Italian restaurant you want to eat at, but instead of seeing if there’s something we can do to help speed it up, why not just go eat at McDonald’s instead?”

2 Likes

I didn’t globb my hand was forced they closed netherwind which was my realm from the start of classic. Now I’m stuck her e on a west coast server.

1 Like

Thanks for your yellow text in the CC forums. Its astonishing that they haven’t said anything even over the weekend. I wish Blizzard was more like grinding gear games and would even give us a “we are working on a solution” post just to let us know they see this as a problem needing to be fixed, and not by means of their band-aid free server xfer.

3 Likes

Yep. A couple of programmers with zero capitol hosted a server of 13K+ players at peak times. Yet Blizzard can’t scale their servers…

3 Likes

Condensing onto one server hasn’t been a problem until last week.

Should we have anticipated 5 hour queues when new patches drop when there have been none up until now?

2 Likes