Server discrimination

It’s really frustrating to be rejected or kicked from a group, only because of your server. If you decide to play on Illidan, Ragnaros or Quel’thalas, being able to play with pugs without any problem. I was a mage in Ragnaros and was almost impossible to gear up and find people willing to help me. When I changed to Illidan all changed, and people were more open. Right now there are addons to block people from some servers. Blizzard should stop this, and give the possibility to hide the server from the nameplates to other players

1 Like

I can kind of see both sides of the issue here. On one hand, I’ve met plenty of good players from Ragnaros and Quel’thalas, and I imagine it’s frustrating for them trying to find a group when so many group leaders avoid recruiting from those servers. On the other hand, those are primarily Spanish speaking servers, and I think group leaders are understandably wary of recruiting players they may not be able to communicate with. Not being able to communicate may not always be a deal breaker, but there are definitely situations where it’s going to be the difference between success and failure, and those situations are increasingly common the higher you climb.

7 Likes

I’m a bit torn on this to be perfectly honest. I’ve witnessed some absolutely ridiculous game play come from people on these servers. Not everyone, obviously, but enough to make it so it’s a clear issue. However, I’ve seen an equal amount of horrific examples of game play from people who fully understand English as their primary language.

As an example, I had a healer in Temple of Snek that could not comprehend that we wanted him to heal the last boss. His response was “entiendo” which signaled that he understood, but the boss was already in progress at the point where we needed him to heal.

I don’t think it’s a matter of people, but rather the lack of communication that makes it incredibly difficult to play with people from these servers. It’s extremely frustrating to not be able to communicate with someone to explain what needs to happen. So much so that avoiding the issue is the best course of action. If you’re from these servers and understand English well, I’d suggest putting a note in your application saying you can understand or at least demonstrating it.

4 Likes

Oh look, another one.

People don’t want to play with players from certain realms for 3 main reasons, poor connections, inability to communicate with them, and performance. Obviously there are great players on these realms, but in my experience and from what I’ve heard from friends/people, most consider players from these realms as ‘bad’.

But don’t fret. I avoid players from Tich also as they are almost always douche canoes. Gave a DH from tich a shot the other night because he was the only decent app super late at night. He joins discord and literally goes “We going to pull big bro or what? I’m a pumper.” The PM’s from my healer were comical.

He got wrecked on the meters by both the shadow priest and rogue in the group.

People can pick and choose who they want to play with. Things aren’t fair, welcome to life.

8 Likes

Go ahead and do that in M+. Pugging will die overnight.

1 Like

I can see both sides here. Firstly, I hardly care about the language barrier because most M+ runs I do have little or no communication anyway. The crux of the matter is that the skill level is noticeably lower among players from those realms. Yes, that does suck for the more competent people. But if you’re trying to weed out bad players, realm discrimination is unfortunately a simple and effective way to do that.

If you willingly choose to play on ragnaros/azralon/quel’thalas you can’t complain about not being invited to groups. I’m sorry, but those servers have a reputation and it is well deserved.

5 Likes

I agree with the poster that said the big problem was the language barrier. If you want to eliminate server discrimination, you should lobby Blizzard to permit “must speak English” groups.

2 Likes

I have been burned too many times by Ragnaros and Quel’thalas, It’s to the point where I refuse to invite and will usually leave if someone joins.

It’s not like I had a few bad experiences but hundreds over the years I’ve played and almost always it’s a player from these realms. The percentage of bad players is unreal.

10 Likes

Ragnaros, Quel’Thalas, Drakkari, Gallywix, Goldrinn, Nemesis, Tol Barad, Azralon

I’m in the same boat. Too many times I’ve been disappointed by players on those realms. Even the 2k+ io players turned out to mostly be boosted. It almost feels like I’m playing with bots when I get people from those servers.

1 Like

Ive met maybe 2 good players who aren’t total idiots from these realms in 4 years of mythic plus. The bias exists for a reason. Most of the time its either toxic quitters or people who are completely clueless about their class their role and the fights they are going into. If the same servers produce consistently bad players who are unable or unwilling to communicate with their party members then they are gonna be a hard pass for anyone who actually wants to put a group together that will succeed.

Bad players can come from anywhere but nine times out of ten if there’s a completely clueless person ruining a group with their own stupidity its from one of these realms. Azralon is another one that wasn’t on my radar until just recently but they fit the bill, unable to communicate, bad at the game, oblivious to mechanics. When a player makes a run harder being there then if they weren’t there at all they give themselves and their server a bad reputation. Like I would honestly 4 man a key before Id gamble on someone from one of these servers and hope they are the 1 out of 100 that aren’t completely toxic and useless.

4 Likes

They’re worse than bots. Id take an npc anyday over pugging in someone from these servers.

3 Likes

Most of the rag players don’t speak English or if they do it’s not very good. Why would I want a tank or healer that doesn’t speak English and I can’t communicate properly when doing mythic+.

1 Like

English speakers are treated pretty badly by the non-English speakers, too. The door swings both ways.

7 Likes

I found that it’s just not worth taking on BR people. I tried many MANY times to give them the benefit of the doubt and I’ve been burned on most of them, so I’ve found it easier to just avoid them now.

I’ve read English and Russian speakers in EU have a similar problem. I guess the language barrier is too big of a problem.

3 Likes

IMO, it shouldn’t be a problem. Everyone should just know what they are expected to do, but if you ever have to discuss strategy or have that guy who is just doing their own thing constantly (or has a responsibility like running mobs off for FD/invis) you just stand their spamming them to do the thing. Makes it all the more frustrating. So inviting a player that may not be able to communicate is a gamble on whether that player knows what’s expected of them.

if you don’t want people to discriminate against LA servers, then people in LA servers need to stop acting in a manner that earns them the horrible reputation. Its not because of your language, its because of your horrible attitude, toxic behaviour, and largely because you leave in the middle of most dungeons and raids, sometimes on the last boss. Reputations are earned by your actions, behave better and people will start playing with Rag, QT, and Azralon players again

2 Likes

wow, lots of toxicity towards the LATAM servers LOL. Serious question; why were they added to our battlegroups btw? Are there not enough of them for them to just play with each other? I know that EMEA servers don’t like the Russian playerbase so Blizz isolated them a long time ago but apparently they are fine with that?

Russian servers haven’t been isolated in ages

As a latin american I also refuse to invite anyone from Ragnaros, Quel’Thalas, Drakkari, Gallywix, Goldrinn, Nemesis, Tol Barad or Azralon.

There’s too many bad apples in that tree and I’ve had my runs ruined by people refusing to answer me (even when I was talking to them in spanish) or just being rude for the sake of being rude ( i.e die to a mechanic on your own and blame the tank or the healer)