Server Connection Is Useless For Horde

UPDATE: Yess!! More horde coming to Korgath in this weeks Server connection! Sept 10th!

This server has been alliance lopsided for years.

Just recently in BFA the horde has been slightly catching up to the alliance as far as raid progress goes, but Horde guilds continue to transfer off of it… Just a few months ago the two biggest horde raiding guilds transferred off.

Korgath is going to be getting a server connection with Cenarius, Perenolde, and Cairne. This server clump has barely any horde raiding guilds, the vast majority of them are Alliance. This is only going to further the long history of this server being alliance lopsided.

The whole connection is completely pointless from a horde point of view.

1 Like

I think you have it a bit backwards. I play both factions on Korgath. On horde I managed to get to Mythic raiding. On Alliance Im lucky to find a guild. There is one that sends a random invite out once a week, but if you join it no one talks in guild chat and does their own thing.

Theres only 2 guilds on the horde that have any mythic progression. Aether and Immortal Glory…and both of them only got their mythic kills after cross server was already opened up for mythic. Those are the ONLY TWO GUILDS on the horde that have cleared Heroic Nyalotha. Annihilation and Ataraxia are both transferred off of Korgath.

The alliance has 4 guilds with mythic progression and 2 of them are further progressed than the only 2 on the Horde. The Alliance Korgath also has a lot of heroic cleared guilds, compared to two on the horde. Gentlemens Club is their own tight knit group and they don’t recruit, even they didnt bother to finish the raid.

This merger with Cenarius, Cairn, and Perenold is massively lopsided in the alliances favor. I dont care about faction balance at all, it doesnt even matter any more. The point is that the horde on Korgath are already in a worse situation than the alliance, but the ones that are getting a giant help with this merge is the alliance. It doesn’t make sense to give the side that was already doing better the vast majority of the help, while barely getting any help on the horde side.

After this merge the Horde are going to be looking some what similar to what Korgath Alliance looks like right now, with having more heroic cleared raids, and a slight bit more progression on mythic.

If people feel like Alliance korgath was in need of a merge to help them out, then its clear that the Horde on Korgath will need one to help them out even after this merge happens.

You say its easier to get in a raiding group on horde korgath, just take a look at this servers forums trying to recruit players, its all alliance guilds.

Have you looked at the dates for the recruitment posts? June of this year and Decemeber of last year.

No one is really doing any serious raiding atm. We are all just doing achievements and AOTC runs for people who dont have it.

I understand what you are saying about the faction imbalance but I wonder if it will help with the horde pvp queues. Horde pvp queues are 15mins while Alliance is like 3mins.

The PVP ques have absolutely nothing to do with faction balance on a server. The ques aren’t based on server, theyre region-wide now. Like I said, the faction balance doesnt even matter anymore, even in WPVP it tries to balance the factions out within cross server tech. Im not hoping Blizzard balances the populations out, I just want both factions to have a healthy amount of players on each side so that they aren’t in the same situation theyre already in right now.

The main thing servers need is enough people to play with to make a good amount of guilds so people can find communities within their faction on their server to play with in raids… other than that cross server makes up for everything else, other than the economy… but with how populated the alliance will be after this merge the economy will be just fine, the only problem will be how few guilds there will still be on the Horde.