Serious frame rate drop after patch

I’m running on a 3600x and 5700 XT. After the patch, if I’m on Windowed (Fullscreen), frame rate drops to the 20s. I have no idea what is causing this. I already reinstalled drivers, I redownloaded Classic WoW, and I haven’t had any Windows updates recently.

1 Like

AMD Proc, could be a Blizzard client issue where they flopped on something, you will need to test many things to find the problem area and then when you do, consult the AMD or corresponding forum for that issue.

Check your drivers install again, check the AMD forums for help on the drivers that they are indeed WoW classic compatible, ask around if others are having the same problems.

Turn off extras.
Turn your graphics down to base level, then increase each component part by part until you trigger the problem area. Could be graphics issues, but maybe not. Also consider turning off other programs like Discord, occasionally they do not play nice with WoW. For a while the overlay on Discord could cause Wow to run badly or crash. Check silly and seemingly mundane things like unchecking advanced combat log, do you have addons running in WoW? Turn them off, test with out these.

Manually update Windows 10 if that’s your OS, some times it gets stuck mid update and does not allow you full performance until its done with the update.

1 Like

Same problem with a Radeon Pro 560X. I usually get about 60+fps, but now it randomly drops to 20 or so after the latest patch. Lowering the usual settings seems to make no difference.

I had already done everything you suggested. I have to restart or switch to windowed mode (not fullscreen windowed) in order for it to be fixed after I play Siege/Warzone. Even then, the game seems to be running a bit heavier, but I can’t be sure.

Are you saying that if you go though some steps you can remedy the problem until you do Warzone and Siege and that is the cause of the problem?