SERIOUS BUG: Delicious chocolate cake

But it’s so moist and delicious. :worried:

They don’t have an alpha or a beta or a public test realm to test any of these new changes first.

3 Likes

To be fair, who is gonna think to make the chocolate cakes and mail them around on beta?

they already did, i got one in my mail, took me about an hour to understand what the hell was going on.
And I only did out of luck, cause i commented on trade chat and someone told me about it, after all i would never expect to have the entire wow client crashing because a food item was received in the mailbox, not only that, the crash was so hard I had to reboot the PC.

Also, I seriously hope that everyone sending this to people gets at least a week ban, I went and opened a ticket asking for the item to be deleted and reporting the person, this is beyond annoyance.

1 Like

Please fix this. I can’t open the mailbox at all on my paladin now, at least before I could loot my items before crashing out.

turn off your ah/mail addons.

1 Like

slippery eel crashes when u trade it to someone. they cant even accept before the crash happens. all u have to do is open trade

I don’t use any.

I can confirm that I turned off all my addons and it still didn’t help. There is a griefer on my server that sent it to a bunch of multiple people. I hope Blizzard takes adequate action and in a reasonable time frame. I don’t think it’s fair that I am unable to cancel auction because one of my competitors didn’t want me to.

1 Like

this is PRECISELY what I was worried about. the only people who are going to already have extant large stocks of Delicious Chocolate Cake are AH goblins, who can afford to essentially Unabomber their rivals with these things.

1 Like

I’ve collected all threads regarding this issue and created a bug report here :

2 Likes

I managed to somehow get this item in my bags, but I should have deleted it. It got reposted, and now it just sits in my mailbox as a “crash me” button for the game should i mouseover it, and Open All ignores it.

2 Likes

Can we get an ETA on this bug fix? Competitors are able to post auctions while I can’t because one of them decided to grief me. Literally losing money every day this doesn’t get fixed and with no compensation in sight.

2 Likes

confirmed still active as of 8:16 EDT on july 27

As of 2:05 am EDT on July 28 this bug (and the griefer that sent it) is still wreaking havoc on my mailbox, leaving me unable to repost auctions.

You sure??

another food: Spiced Mammoth Treats.
It will crash the game too whenever I click on it at my mailbox.

1 Like

Wow, sorry this happened to you. That’s frustrating! I also hope that anyone who purposely used this bug to grief gets a ban. Trolling your friends is one thing, and has always been a part of the game, but doing this intentionally to a random person? Not cool!

2 Likes

This appears to be fixed – I was able to remove it from my mailbox.

2 Likes