Sept 8th-12th 2019 - WoW connection issues / WOW51900328

Tried everything suggested when i searched this error code. Nothing worked. Day 4 and counting. Is there any new update at all?

tried it…did nothing but keep me hopeful it might work for a few minutes :confounded:

By the way, not putting this down for those who try workarounds and find them to work somehow but…

Workarounds do not fix the problem and the problem is Blizzard based. Until they fix THEIR issue, it’s highly debatable whether or not chasing proposed rainbows is actually worth the time for the majority of those currently afflicted. Personally, I am not buying a VPN and I am not using a Hotspot with a limited data plan and I am not using software or other means to try to hide the data use and winding up with my plan such as it is being revoked, etc. None of this BS is worth it when the real problem is Blizzard’s abject failure to learn lessons it has already been taught in previous DDoS attacks. Just last year, a guy from Romania was sentenced to a year in prision here in the US for pulling this crap and got a 30k fine I think it was. Given sentencing this light, I think it is safe to say that corporations cannot rely on the legal system to curtail this kind of activity at all. Witness the current situation for proof. Is the clown in the UK scared? I doubt it. What’s the worst thing that can happen to them? Based on legal precedent here, not much really. I think 5 to 10 years at hard labor would be more appropriate along with compensating all affected victims which would mean working without pay for the rest of their miserable life.

Vote for me! I do not fool around!

1 Like

You can use a free VPN for the time being.

Got a link to one you know works?

Edit: please don’t bother. That was a rhetorical question. I am not bothering to workaround Blizzard’s failure. They can fix it. I am paying them, not the other way around.

Thank you though, I know your intention was kind and I do appreciate it.

some can, but too many cant :stuck_out_tongue:

To be honest sometimes it is fun to attempt to figure out what is broken and narrow down ways to get around the issue. Especially when multiple people are trying to do the same thing. (Not to shy away from the big problem here but even with all the frustration it was kind of neat to see things in another light)

It’s not often you get to experience showing just how easy it is to work around some of the ‘security’ measures that get put in place.

Here’s what I have done so far.

I have reset my network
reset my computer (several times)
completely uninstalled and reinstalled both battlenet and wow
changed my comp’s ip address
changed my comp’s physical MAC address
changed the packet length using the netsh int ipv4 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=129 trick

^ NONE OF THIS WORKED!

My wife and son who are both on the same network as me, connected to the same router as me can not only log on to their accounts with no issue, but they can also log onto my account without an issue.

I cannot log on to my account or their accounts from my comp without using a VPN!

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F@CK is going on? I can’t figure it out and at this point I’m out of ideas, theories and patience. I’m missing raid with both my guilds now…

How I Look at it you see many people have issues where one pc cant play just fine but another in the same house hold on the same network cant? i feel like however they did do their DDOS some how has targeted not each other whole network isp/ip address but the “pc” it self it you see what im saying. i still have yet to find anything in my pc that i can prove this with but its also weird. lets go pc nerds find the bug! :slight_smile:

See if you can adjust the TTL on your router, that is about all besides using a VPN.

ok still able to log in after the error message went to settings on that page and on network checked enable IPv6 when available
may work for some
got this stock answer from Blizz
Thanks for letting us know of the disconnections. I understand this isn’t the greatest experience for WoW. We’re already aware of this error and we’re working on getting this resolved as soon as possible.

We’re monitoring the situation through this topic: Sept 8th-12th 2019 - WoW connection issues / WOW51900328 - #1015 by Caterpepi So keep an eye on that topic as we’ll post any updates there. In the meantime, please, keep on trying to log in and if there are still issues connecting, I recommend seeing if a hotspot or a VPN helps a little bit.

Thanks for the understanding and patience.

You’re right and that’s a good point.

I am not up for any of it because I am a retired senior software engineer and once I stopped getting paid to deal with all manner of software and hardware issues, I completely lost interest in resolving anything that does not just work. That’s just me though and that’s how I am today in my own little context. The path to getting where I did began with a whole lot of fixing stuff just to do it, breaking stuff just to do it, to learn things, to figure stuff out. You’re right. It can be fun for those so inclined and it once was for me too. After a career doing it though, I think of myself like a car mechanic who after retiring has no desire to ever crawl under a vehicle to fix anything ever again when they can pay somebody else to do it. I’m sure there is exceptions to that rule but I don’t fix my car anymore either despite being very capable of it once upon a time.

Today, when a paid service fails like this has and not for the first time either, knowing what I know, I am not feeling very forgiving about it nor am I at all willing to work for something I already paid for.

I hope those into it though have success and learn stuff and in a way something good comes from the badness so it isn’t a total loss across the board.

no luck for me

Changed it from Linux 65 to Windows 128 and now I got in, of course now I have to wait for it to completely download again but it did work so thank you. I hope this works for everyone else

retired here also for a Long time wife who is very young to me is just 74

Thanks , worked for me

I know what you mean. My current role as a Hardware, Software and Network Engineer [multi skilled role] has me working with developers all the time to narrow strange issues down remotely or by emulating their environment / situation [while thinking outside the box] for small to very large customers world wide. For some reason I still enjoy it but do understand there may be a point where the enjoyment may go away.

If blizzards stocks fall because of these issues and their boardmembers pockets are short of cash, someone is gonna care / fix the issue.

1 Like

yes for min !

I am having the same problem with EasyTether Pro - Polycef. T-Mobile

1 Like

Awesome, so glad you can work around this for now. While it doesn’t really solve blizzards issue that they needs to figure out but at least you can try to enjoy the game.