Sept 8th-12th 2019 - WoW connection issues / WOW51900328

ProtonVPN was one of the first things I tried. I tried three different servers and no use for me.

I just tried ProtonVPN and I was finally able to log in. Definitely need my IP whitelisted. They’ve got their DDoS mitigation turned up to 11.

1 Like

Thanks to a few earlier posters for the TTL suggestions.
For Pop_OS:
sudo sysctl net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128
fixed my connection issues. (hopefully no side effects)

I agree that the problem now has to be that someone or something are blocking some of our IP address and that’s why some of us can’t connect. Cause when we change our IP by VPN usage or something else suddenly works fine.

1 Like

i hope issue will be fixed after the server maintenance… fingers crossed

1 Like

I need a refund for my 6 months sub. Only the 3rd day after reactivating my it.

My issue was fixed by increasing TTL on my router (Linux-based Untangle) to 128.

Internet Connection: (Telephone, Tethered, Wired Broadband, etc)
Fibre broadband 1gbps Wired

ISP:
M1 , Singapore

Does a VPN fix the issue for you, if so, which one? :
Yes, can log in, but ms increase by 3 times from 140ms to 350ms

Is this affecting both Live and Classic connections? :
Only have Classic, and only have issues with all 4 Oceanic servers

1 Like

Internet Connection: (Telephone, Tethered, Wired Broadband, etc) Tethering via SecureTether Bluetooth.
ISP: Straight Talk
Does a VPN fix the issue for you, if so, which one? : Yes, ProtonVPN fixes the issue of logging in.
Is this affecting both Live and Classic connections? : I do not play Classic I cannot answer this.

My IP has been incorrectly targeted…NEED THIS FIXED PLEASE… I think I’m in the same boat as the hundreds of others who are complaining here Blizzard… If I have to I will use a VPN permanently but I should not have to do that…neither should anyone else here. This is ludicrous…

1 Like

My straight talk uses Verizon, does yours use Verizon or ATT?

Verizon here too Scald…

I use easytether and hoping after maintenance I don’t have to use the protonVPN to login.

I use SecureTether but it’s basically the same thing… And yes, same here, I don’t want to have to use a VPN to log in, it’s ridiculous! I should hope they’d fix this, it is obviously affecting a lot of us…

1 Like

Server: Oceanic - Yojamba
Internet Connection: Fiber - Wired
ISP: *Sinet (Cambodia)
Does a VPN fix the issue for you, if so, which one? : It did, but not after maintenance (ProtonVPN)
Is this affecting both Live and Classic connections? : Both

This is not the place to ask for a refund.

You need to go onto the Customer Service Forums for a refund request, but you need to wait at least a week to see if Blizzard will lift the restrictions on paying customers ISP/IPs.

Well it worked ok through a VPN. Now after the maintenance it does not. Can’t reach realm selection. With or without the VPN.

Aren’t login servers down right now?

2 hour Maintenance today for Bnet and all of Blizzard Games.

1 Like

I’m curious as to why everyone is saying that after maintenance that the VPN workaround does not work. Maintenance is not over yet. :confused: