Sept 8th-12th 2019 - WoW connection issues / WOW51900328

It’s not PDANet that’s the problem. I use it as well, and it lets me in the game if I turn on a VPN on my desktop.

Internet Connection: Tethered(PDANet)
ISP:AT&T
Does a VPN fix the issue for you, if so, which one?: Yes, Proton VPN
Is this affecting both Live and Classic connections?:Yes, both.
Character(s):Grimleta
Realm:Kurinnaxx

Internet Connection: Mediacom
Does a VPN fix the issue for you, if so, which one? : Yes . Hide .me works
Is this affecting both Live and Classic connections? : Both are affected.
I’m Running windows 10 have tried all the requested fixes none worked, only using a VPN worked , so it looks like my IP has been flagged for some reason. Hope they get this fixed soon , Don’t really want to have to sub a VPN service just to play wow.

Here is what worked for me (Windows 10):

VPN – NO

IPv6 – No, not supported at this hotel

After repeatedly trying Blizzard’s sage advice of “just try to logon again”, I finally read in this thread from Grampaswilly about changing the default TTL value. It worked!

I did this in Windows 10. Here’s how:

In the “type here to search” box close to Start, type “CMD”

Select run as administrator

Then type:

netsh interface ipv4 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=128

My previous value was 65.

Good luck.

1 Like

still cant log in … what is the eta on the fix

I cannot log onto the game either

Mode:usb tethered
ISP:sprint/boost
VPN: none

neither retail nor classic will let me on this way when it did before the recent attacks but I can get on if i use my wifi hotspot.

On Windows 10 I logged in normally using ProtonVPN.
The TTL fix didn’t work (either 128 or anything up from that).
Another computer on the same network (without any previous wow installation) didn’t work.

I didn’t experience any trouble during the DDOS attack, may even have been playing at the time (would need an exact time frame) and started experiencing these connection issues afterwards, around 24h ago.

that worked for me lol thx

the toon above is my alt this is my main still the same issue…
“Blink”
Mode:usb tethered ( PDA Net+)
ISP:sprint/boost
VPN: none

in the same boat myself it worked fine tethered before all these attacks now it has just stopped and dcs me anytime i try to log on… But if i use my Hotspot it works fine makes no sense i know…

So I tried sometihng…

Logged into retail and was running around Dalaran and I changed my TTL to 64, was totally fine going to a few area’s like DK portal and back to Dalaran, then accepted a summon to just outside the motherlode, welp the loading bar stayed at 0 / waited a min or two then alt-f4’d (shortly before I did change my TTL back to what worked previously)

After logging into the retail game again I found myself still at Dalaran and got a summon, loaded and ported very quickly to in front of the instance without issue.

I think this requires a bit more thought because blizzard has several IP’s outside of the ATT range. (such as direct ARIN peering blocks)

NetRange: 24.105.0.0 - 24.105.63.255
CIDR: 24.105.0.0/18

Looks like game server authentication and swapping zones are impacted so either they are doing this on their own edge gear or their providers but it seems like it is either on the initial connection OR when crossing certain borders (such as authentication hand off’s between instanced servers [zones])

When we gonna see another blue post???

If this is impacted on several of their IP blocks that do not go through the same route then this feels like it could very well be on blizzards end and this is why they are keeping silent on the topic. (if this post is deleted by Blizzard you will probably have your answer for those who are following this forum)

Internet connection: Wired Broadband
ISP: M1
Don’t use a VPN
Classic which is why I resub isn’t working but retail works:/

1 Like

Still down for me , have done all the requested things. I have also tried the vpn and still same issue. thought it would be funny to try Vpn from Amsterdam but still the same. Welp guess I will just wait and watch

Companion app still not connecting. Tried clearing cache and data, uninstall/reinstall, wifi at home (at&t fiber), wifi at work (comcast cable), and cellular service (google fi).

think you meant to put this in the other forum for the app…

Using Pdanet on my phone with no luck. Tried blutooth connect, no luck. Untethered and tried wow companion, no luck. All other internet works fine in all 3 of these situations. Diablo works. Just no WoW or Classic.

**Internet Connection: Wired Boardband
**ISP: M1
**Does a VPN fix the issue for you, if so, which one? : Tried Windscribe, work latency 200-2k ms - HK server
**Is this affecting both Live and Classic connections? : Affecting only on Classic - Oceanic Servers

it has been more than 48 hrs and I am still facing the same problem.

wow almost 72 hours here and I have done all resets for my pc and internet and i got 1 hour of play time then i was in flight and got kicked off again and the i got the message again saying disconnected again plz help

**Internet Connection: Wired Boardband
**ISP: M1
**Error: wow51900319
**Is this affecting both Live and Classic connections? : Affecting only on Classic - Oceanic Servers