Selling gold? TOS Legal loophole! classic-retail xfer

Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of World of Warcraft Accounts or BNET Accounts (each an “Account”). You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void. Blizzard owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the Game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the Game, or any other attributes associated with any Account. Blizzard does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the “real world” of anything that appears or originates in the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Game.

sooooooooooooo heres a scenario

lets say I play classic wow a LOT and I half a lot of gold.
I dont have as much on retail, but I want it for the wow token
I go on classic /2 and say
"Want to trade classic wow gold for retail wow gold. 5k for 140k (whatever wowtoken is, whatever proper conversion is too)

Then I go in discord, they give me half gold on retail, then I give half on classic, then they give me half on retail, then i give them other half on classic for it to ensure i’m not scammed.

IS THIS A BANNABLE OFFENSE???

1 Like

Until we are given further clarification, this kind of transaction is legal, as wow gold is being traded for wow gold. However, it would be considered an “unsupported transaction,” meaning it did not occur in the trade window and is therefor unenforceable. Trade gold at your own risk.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s bannable but it’s your problem if you get ripped off. Also, 100g in Classic will be like 100k in retail so if you think that low amount of gold is worth it, go for it.

1 Like

It’s a bannable offense if Blizzard wants it to be, though as far as I know it’s not been commented on yet.

Only an idiot would give up gold on classic for retail gold. Doubt anyone willing to still play retail will ever have that kind of gold on classic.

1 Like

350k retail ->100g Classic

1 Like

I really hope it becomes a ban able offense, any form of gold trading like this should not be tolerated. Next thing you know we will be buying WoW tokens to sell for classic gold… >.> please dont fk this game up people…

1 Like

350k =/= 100g …

Given that the fact it takes so long to farm 1000g for epic mount training then 500g for the mount I’d be surprised you even think 350k is remotely near 100g.

Honestly it’s going to be something more along the lines of 500k for that 100g

Yeah possibly, idk i just hope people don’t ruin the economy with this… .>.>

idk i just hope people don’t ruin the economy with this… >.>

Don’t hope too much… If memory serves me correct… It’s only a matter of time before Ni Hao Ki Lung shows up and offers you 1k gold for 20 bucks.

2 Likes

I used to play a game called motor city online. It was a car game and they would start you out with a junky car. However some people would trade junk cars from one server to another. meaning i will create a toon on your server and give you the car if you do the same. People were getting ripped off constantly because there was no support for this.
I would imagine the same thing happening.