Self heal in pve for havoc

Completely new to DH. Rolled one along with everyone else back in legion but never bonded with it. Started back in 9.2.5 and am noticing that my only self heal appears to be the orbs that drop from killed mobs. Problem im having is with single mobs of higher hit points I am struggling. Is that correct or am I missing something? For some reason I feel much squishier at the same item level to other classes I also play. Any ideas?

They gutted havocs leach come SL. They also gutted us defensively.

If you want to stay alive take soulrending and stay on mobs. Take the blur cd reduction conduit, and magic reduction conduit.

Thanks very much! I will give it a go. FWIW I thought, this feels broken. Like I had left a spell or two in the spell book. Glad to know it’s just a bad design choice evidently at this point and not ONLY my being bad at the class.

That’s odd, I think you might be suffering from a poor weapon as it seems like the time to kill is more an issue than the amount of healing received.

From my experience the Demon Hunter goes from moderately bad to quite good with a weapon upgrade. Far more than armor upgrades.

How are you specced? The builds used by level 60 players for raiding are only good for DPS output on a raid boss, not very effective outside of that situation.

For outside world alone stuff I use: 3221232
I also choose the Necrolord covenant for the fleshcraft and fodder to the flame, a big shield and a big heal that occurs during combat that gives you 30% damage bonus.

I find with good weapons it’s far more efficient to take on 3 to 5 regular monsters at a time. Immolation, Fel Rush, Eye Beam, Blade Dance and the primary target is likely dead and the rest are right behind. 3-5 soul fragments on the ground should bring me to full health and I’m off to the next pack.

1 Like

They really really really really need to just spell bloat, then spec for single target DpS, single target stun, or multiple target AoE moves.

Then fine-tune the abilities against 2dndary stats, like leech (more orbs) haste, power (speccable bonuses) or agility, (speccable skills/spells through the talent tree).

Still giving wrong information out i see.

Please refrain from giving any information or opinions unless you know for a fact what you are talking about isñ tried and true.

The amount of wrong information and bad takes you continue to spread like wildifire through the dh forums is outrageous.

Doesnt help self heal. Also weapon upgrades are big for every spec in the game, thanks for trying though.

Wrong.

Yeah this is just bad news bears no matter what covenant you run. FB with burning hatred? Like i dunno where you came to this conclusion but…okay? Like this is the worst combo you could possibly think of. Also momentum for open world? Seriously are you high? Demonic specifically has increased leach if you take soulrending, and you want this person struggling with healing to take momentum? What on earth goes through your head when you think this stuff up?

Truly a specimen to behold you are

What? This is a hot take. The reason builds become popular is because of throughput, kill or be killed. The most throughput. Unfortunately for DH the largest throughput build is what most players use and thats venthyr. Sure you can go necro for survivability, but theres no reason for you to swap anything out except for CoH for FB.

Seriously, wrong information hurts the players. You giving out the wrong information gives players a hard time, makes them struggle more, and hate our class more. You need to either learn more about the class and how it works, understand its intricacies, or stop spreading your misinformation like a plague.

3 Likes

Step 1) Take Demonic+Soul Rending. Benefit from frequent demon form leech
Step 2) Try to save Chaos Nova, Fel eruption, and Blur for when you aren’t currently in Demon form and healing yourself
Step 3) Don’t forget Imprison for multi-mob pulls

Fel Blade is taken to increase speed to reach next target. In open world content the goal is to complete as quickly as possible in order to move on to end-game rewarding content.
Burning Hatred is taken to produce Fury without needing a target. As this is open world we can press Immolation Aura on cooldown and have full Fury ready for any situation.
Momentum is taken as the primary damage abilities I use in open world are Blade Dance and Fel Rush.

Soul Rending is just filler for myself, not the means of healing I rely upon.

Typical combat consists of using Throw Glaive to pull one set of monsters, and charge one or two others. Gather 3-5 non-elite Fel Rush, Blade Dance, Immolation Aura, Fel Rush, Eye Beam (with CA legendary), Blade Dance. Vengeful Retreat and Fel Blade as needed.

Pick up orbs if necessary to full heal, repeat until quest or reputation gains are complete.

Yeah so explaining uses for abilities that i already understand doesnt by any means explain why any of your choices make sense.

They also certainly dont help the OP with self healing.

I treated the problem, not the symptom.

I read the post and concluded that the issue isn’t self-healing, it’s insufficient damage output.

As they’re new to the class, they might not know to ignore almost everything said by people like yourself and the constant whining and use of every post to whine a little more.

I dont understand what you mean by this? I thought a well geared DH was literally unkillable? It’s the only class that can kill Kiljaeden on TOS mythic… SOLO. HOW?

Does Kiljaeden have demon adds?

Our Shattered Souls passive ability heals for 20% of a Havoc players health when picking up a Lesser Soul Fragment. If that soul fragment comes from a demon then it also increases the damage done by the Demon Hunter by 20%.

With the Fodder to the Flames ability from Necrolord a special demon is procced about once per minute that rewards a large explosion hurting all monsters as well as generating a special soul fragment that grants a full heal and 30% increased damage.